Looking at possibly upgrading to the S6, have a few questions

iamloco724

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the long post just trying to get some information so i can make a decision and not have to go through the hassle of returning anything

I currently have the HTC M8 and generally i am happy with it except mainly the camera, which is very important to me i havnt been happy with it since day one but ive been using it for over a year till i found something better my main issue with it is that it overexposes light which for me is a big negative since i often go to events that i want to take pics at that have all sorts of lighting rigs.

My girlfriend has the S5 the issues i have with that particular phone are as follows, to me the colors always seemed off compared to the M8 it didnt seem natural reds in particular always through me off i believe it was over saturated and another thing i noticed on her phone that every time she gets a text notification the screen turns on to me that is a very annoying feature and i dont see anywhere to shut this off. I also never liked the plastic on Samsung phones.

So now with the S6 getting a makeover in terms of build quality im interested again in looking at that as a replacement for my M8, ive heard nothing but good things about the camera i assume it doesnt overexpose light like the M8 but my other questions relate to the screen colors I always have a hard time judging in a store if the colors are off because i never noticed in on the S5 till it was in my house and in daily use, so im wondering if the S6 has better screen colors? Does it have the screen turn on with notifications?

Also I have heard mixed things about the battery life, right now on my M8 im happy with the battery i get average screen on time of around 6 hours and get anywhere from 14-16 hours in total of battery life if the S6 can match this or better than it should be fine.

And lastly is there any major bugs right now or any notable problems that are waiting updates

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
In answer to the battery question right now on my s6 I'm 17 hours and 41 minutes off the charger with four hours and 21 minutes screen on time and 12% battery remaining. I have at times had six and a half hours of screen on time but obviously with less standby time

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the long post just trying to get some information so i can make a decision and not have to go through the hassle of returning anything

I currently have the HTC M8 and generally i am happy with it except mainly the camera, which is very important to me i havnt been happy with it since day one but ive been using it for over a year till i found something better my main issue with it is that it overexposes light which for me is a big negative since i often go to events that i want to take pics at that have all sorts of lighting rigs.

My girlfriend has the S5 the issues i have with that particular phone are as follows, to me the colors always seemed off compared to the M8 it didnt seem natural reds in particular always through me off i believe it was over saturated and another thing i noticed on her phone that every time she gets a text notification the screen turns on to me that is a very annoying feature and i dont see anywhere to shut this off. I also never liked the plastic on Samsung phones.

So now with the S6 getting a makeover in terms of build quality im interested again in looking at that as a replacement for my M8, ive heard nothing but good things about the camera i assume it doesnt overexpose light like the M8 but my other questions relate to the screen colors I always have a hard time judging in a store if the colors are off because i never noticed in on the S5 till it was in my house and in daily use, so im wondering if the S6 has better screen colors? Does it have the screen turn on with notifications?

Also I have heard mixed things about the battery life, right now on my M8 im happy with the battery i get average screen on time of around 6 hours and get anywhere from 14-16 hours in total of battery life if the S6 can match this or better than it should be fine.

And lastly is there any major bugs right now or any notable problems that are waiting updates

I had the M8... upgrade without hesitation to the S6. While I love HTC and even have customized my s6 with the sense clock widget it's really smooth as butter and is a great experience.

I have had tried a bunch of the current phones HTC, LG, Moto and yes even Iphone. The S6 is the best of the bunch. My S6 gets me from 100% battery until 10 PM and the worst day I had was 30 %... after multi calls...multi emails and tons of web and apps daily. :)

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I went from a S3 to the S6. Overall is a great phone, very solid. I do miss the replaceable battery, but if you're able to use a charger for a short time, the fast charging is really fast. The screen is beautiful. The camera is really good, there are alot of special camera modes that you can download for free to the stock camera.

Posted via the Android Central App

cdahncke

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Came from the Moto X. The S6 has some slick features and is generally a great phone with the camera being exceptional. WiFi is mediocre and seems to try to overthink things... but there might be a way to fine tune. I'm using Sprint and the radio seems to flake out from time to time, but that may just be a Sprint issue. I also have a Note tablet and that radio seems more reliable.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I currently have the HTC M8 and generally i am happy with it except mainly the camera, which is very important to me i havnt been happy with it since day one but ive been using it for over a year till i found something better my main issue with it is that it overexposes light which for me Isuzu a big negative since i often go to events that i want to take pics at that have all sorts of lighting rigs.

I upgraded from the GS4 and skipped on the GS5. The GS6 is what the GS5 should have been and is by far the best smartphone that I have ever owned with speed and smoothness surpassing the GS5 and it's competition. The build and materials are solid and premium. Don't miss the card slot or the replaceable battery. Screen is brighter with higher resolution and more color accurate. The optimization amongst software and hardware (DDR4 RAM, UFS 2.0 and Exynos chipset) contribute a high performance device. TouchWiz has been slimmed down to the point that third party launchers are an option for further customization rather than a necessity. Dual format wireless charging and the camera are awesome. I've had mine since launch and have not regretted my decision.

That said, future updates later this month should address the battery and the RAM management issues. Android Moon Pie should be available after the first of the year should take Lollipop to the level it should have been at launch. There are some carrier issues which appear to be in the process of being addressed. Battery issues are also a function of personal usage habits.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12