Interesting, S6 and edge sales are primarily Samsung and former Apple customers.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Thought this was an interesting article, Android Headlines: Check Out Who Is Buying The Samsung Galaxy S6. Check Out Who Is Buying The Samsung Galaxy S6 | Androidheadlines.com

Posted via the Android Central App
I upgraded from the GS4 and am not surprised that other Android users are doing so as well. Samsung like Apple inspire loyalty with feature rich devices and now adding premium materials and more device optimization. Apple while they make a great device seem to be recalcitrant in adding features already present in Android devices like NFC. There is a rumor of multitasking more like Android and Windows devices in iOS9. They finally have a nearly five inch screen and introduced the i6 plus in response to the Note series. Apple watch after Android Watch. Apple Pay lacks MST but that is rumored to follow as well. Notice a trend. That might explain why Apple owners are tired of waiting and see the customization/freedom in the Android ecosystem. On the flipside, Samsung uses Apple as it's measuring stick.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Android has the freedom, customisation and multitasking. IOS has the best updating system, customer care, speed, battery technology (I was sleep for over eight hours and my phone only went down to 99%), speed and reliability.

I was excited by Apple's keynote and the ios9 features. It's making apple look more appealing. Especially seeing as my boyfriend is with apple and being on apple would be easier for communication

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Apple is amazing at optimization. Obviously Android will never be as good as them in that department since they have so many moving parts. I can see why people might get tired of iPhone and jump on the S6. One nut that's almost impossible to crack is the female market. Literally every single girl I know has an iPhone, since most girls copy each other (iPhone and Uggs).

I am surprised though that Samsung hasn't sold even more than they already have. When it dropped I thought they'd shatter S5 sales.

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Apple is amazing at optimization. Obviously Android will never be as good as them in that department since they have so many moving parts. I can see why people might get tired of iPhone and jump on the S6. One nut that's almost impossible to crack is the female market. Literally every single girl I know has an iPhone, since most girls copy each other (iPhone and Uggs).

I am surprised though that Samsung hasn't sold even more than they already have. When it dropped I thought they'd shatter S5 sales.

Lmao. I'm a girl and even I have to laugh because every girl I know does have an iPhone and was shocked when I switched to Samsung

Last edited:

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Lmao. I'm a girl and even I have to laugh because every girl I know does have an iPhone and were shocked when I switched to Samsung

Girls love their iPhones. I just got my wife an HTC One M8 to replace her iPhone 5, hopefully there won't be to many complaints.

dreaming of electric sheep

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Android has the freedom, customisation and multitasking. IOS has the best updating system, customer care, speed, battery technology (I was sleep for over eight hours and my phone only went down to 99%), speed and reliability.

I was excited by Apple's keynote and the ios9 features. It's making apple look more appealing. Especially seeing as my boyfriend is with apple and being on apple would be easier for communication
Apple has great optimization and runs a pretty tight ship having a couple of years longer to perfect their craft in producing media consumption devices. Samsung produces a more feature rich device appealing to both the media consumption mavens of both genders and the busy business professional. As Samsung goes, so does Android. While not selling as many units, Samsung has made great progress in optimization and with their seemingly new direction, starting to learn from their missteps. Blackberry used to be the gold standard in smartphones and thought they didn't need to pay attention to the consumer market much to their detriment. Apple is comfortable as the average consumer is fine with having everything canned for them and not requiring too much from them while Android users are more outside the box wanting more customization potential to go beyond. It depends upon your needs and what you prefer. Both companies produce great devices to meet them. As far as sales are concerned, it's too early to tell but my guess is that GS6 will exceed their predecessor, the GS5, which isn't a reason to celebrate necessarily but it will prove that Samsung is making progress and not making a major misstep.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Of course most swappers are coming from Samsung or apple devices - they have been the dominant smartphone sellers the past few years. But even with the S6 being brand new, they are still selling fewer devices than apple is, which is 9 months or so into their 12 month cycle.

MonkeyNews

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I came from a HTC one m7 that I loved, but just didn't see enough innovation or improvement in the m9 to warrant my business. So to the s6 I went and I couldn't be happier

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Of course most swappers are coming from Samsung or apple devices - they have been the dominant smartphone sellers the past few years. But even with the S6 being brand new, they are still selling fewer devices than apple is, which is 9 months or so into their 12 month cycle.

True but you have to consider many ppl buy iPhone for name and lack of knowledge of what other phones have to offer. It's fashion branding! For instance my daughter who's in middle school begged me for an iPhone for a year because her friends had them I kept telling her no and I got her a galaxy s5, she played around with it and loved it but still insisted that she wanted an iPhone, finally she got her hands on an iPhone 6 from her grandmother just to try out, after 20 minutes she said this phone sucks I can't do anything with it and promptly gave it back to her grandmother! I was a proud father that day lol, and she's been happy to brag about her galaxy s5 and all of its features ever since.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
People especially like my wife are so super busy that they don't want to think about their devices and are comfortable with having it packaged for them. Therefore, Apple meets those needs.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
These stats don't surprise me at all. Most of the average user world see smartphones in general as either iPhone or Samsung. The only time I've ever seen a non-techie out in the wild buy a new phone that isn't one of those two, it's been because of some discount offered.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
My girlfriend has an iPhone because she is a non techie and its easy. There are things that harder but she talks texts and checks email. My other gf was the same way. I wouldn't try to saw either one of them because of the learning curve. I played with my current girlfriends iPhone 5 and was not impressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax