Galaxy S4 Kit Kat vs Galaxy S6 Lollipop Exchange Contacts missing or missing phone numbers?

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I had the S4 on Kit Kat before getting the S6. I had used my S4 for at least 2 years with Microsoft Exchange Active Sync for my work email. I'm doing the same now with my S6. It appears Lollipop handles Exchange contacts very badly. First of all, the Exchange contacts do not display in my contacts app (stock). Yes, I have All Contacts set to display. Now, if I search for a contact I know is in my Exchange contacts, boom, there it is. There are two reasons this is a big problem: 1. When one of these contacts call or text me, they just display as the number it's coming from, not the name associated with the contact. 2. I manage our cell phones for my companies work staff, which includes a very mobile and important sales staff, who are now experiencing this same problem as more and more phones upgrade to Lollipop.

Which is why I am starting to realize this is a Lollipop issue, not an S6 or Samsung issue. To add to this problem, some of these contacts are missing the phone number(s), only the email address remains. I can verify this because I keep getting calls from users who I recently upgraded to Moto X 2nd Gen asking me to look on their old phones for contact XYZ to see if the mobile number is there and if so what is it. Every time I have them search their contacts app (because again, the contact does not show up in the Contacts app list), and every time the contact is found when searched for. And so far, every time, the contact on the old phone has number(s), but the contact found via search on the new phone does not have a phone number.

I mean, WTF, could this be any more bizarre? For a nerd like me, in a box, this isn't the end of the world. For a work staff that their livelihood and a businesses growth depends on this kind of thing working like it used to (and should work), this is a huge problem. I did a quick search and came across this, proving this isn't isolated to the S6 on Lollipop (plus many of my staff are using Motorola phones), and I'm not finding any answers.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...ipop-phone-numbers-contacts-missing-help.html

So I figured I'd post this here hoping to expose the problem a bit more and hoping to find some answers.

mdarch

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Strange I also use exchange and went from S4 to S6 (edge) but have no problem, all my contacts sync with all info. We use Exchange Server 2008, I have all my contacts in Outlook. I especially like that I have all my contacts in categories in Outlook and these show up as Groups in my Contacts

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Strange I also use exchange and went from S4 to S6 (edge) but have no problem, all my contacts sync with all info. We use Exchange Server 2008, I have all my contacts in Outlook. I especially like that I have all my contacts in categories in Outlook and these show up as Groups in my Contacts

Interesting. We are on Exchange 2010. Doubt that is the difference, as my S4 was connected to the same Exchange server.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey