The most protective Galaxy S6 case

nikk0

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
So I'm looking for a case for my S6 and I want it to be very protective against drops and dirt (starting my military service in July here in Finland). So far the best options I have found have been Otterbox Defender, Lifeproof Fre and UAG's case. Is one of these the most protective option or something else?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
So I'm looking for a case for my S6 and I want it to be very protective against drops and dirt (starting my military service in July here in Finland). So far the best options I have found have been Otterbox Defender, Lifeproof Fre and UAG's case. Is one of these the most protective option or something else?

Lifeproof or Defender.

Lifeproof is better at liquid and dust instruction but is more expensive. Wasn't really thrilled with the one on my dads GS5 as it obstructed the external speaker sound quality.

If your needs are not required in extremely harsh environment , I would recommend the Defender which is the slimmest iteration to date for the Galaxy S line. Check out my review video on my YouTube channel. It a a solid premium feel,with a good grip and is less expensive. UAG also makes a good case.

It all depends upon your needs and how much you want to spend. You can go wrong with any of the above.

nikk0

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for answering. I think I'm gonna face quite harsh environments during my military service so Liteproof's waterproofing would be quite useful feature. Also defender doesn't really protect your camera. I would maybe choose the Liteproof, but I watched a review about iPhone 6's Liteproof case and the case cracked when they drop it from 6 feet so I'm not sure about Liteproof's durability.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for answering. I think I'm gonna face quite harsh environments during my military service so Liteproof's waterproofing would be quite useful feature. Also defender doesn't really protect your camera. I would maybe choose the Liteproof, but I watched a review about iPhone 6's Liteproof case and the case cracked when they drop it from 6 feet so I'm not sure about Liteproof's durability.

Waterproof Galaxy S6 Case | frē by LifeProof | LifeProof

Military grade drop and shock protection. 2 meters or 6.6 feet.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

Lifeproof. Pretty much not a close second out there unless you can an handle cases that are twice the size of the original phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Sell phone an get an s6 active? No cases needed and you don't lose any performance and same camera quality. You even get a bigger battery.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Sell phone an get an s6 active? No cases needed and you don't lose any performance and same camera quality. You even get a bigger battery.

But no fingerprint scanner. Physical buttons instead of capacitive ones. Could be good trade offs if the GS6 isn't your cup of tea. Not selling a phone to get a rugged phone just so it goes commando.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I also meant to thank you for your service.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, you tell me if this little Bumper is not one of the best, just after seeing this yesterday and returned my LG G4 to T-Mobile on Saturday, I decided that I wanted one of this bumpers and it is not available for the S6 edge so I ordered today a Blue Topaz SM-G920i (Unlocked) S6 to be used besides my S6 edge, yes, that much I like the S6 so far. I needed a second phone as the edge is paid by my office and I wanted one that is mine that I can do what I want to it.

Check the video and let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DvhljsZY88

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude