Very Impressed- It Finally Happened

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I have been waiting for this to happen. A few days it got close. The closest I got was six hours and 52 minutes. Then today it happened. I reached the seven hour mark of on screen time. Yes ok I'm making a deal about it but considering my phone only got 3-4 hours of on screen time when I first got it I'm very impressed. My boyfriend meanwhile who is a total apple fanboy and has a cousin who had a bad experience with battery drain on the S6 typically says "it will go back to being bad again" lol

Attachments

• 1434274983531.jpg
    1434274983531.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 1434274994821.jpg
    1434274994821.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 137

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been waiting for this to happen. A few days it got close. The closest I got was six hours and 52 minutes. Then today it happened. I reached the seven hour mark of on screen time. Yes ok I'm making a deal about it but considering my phone only got 3-4 hours of on screen time when I first got it I'm very impressed. My boyfriend meanwhile who is a total apple fanboy and has a cousin who had a bad experience with battery drain on the S6 typically says "it will go back to being bad again" lol

So did you do what I suggested and it stopped the Google Play Services from keeping awake your device?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
How is this change done?

The following was what I suggested to him/her but it's what I always suggest when the issue is Google Play Services, until Google finally fixes the issue.

"Go to Application Manager on Settings, and in the All tab look for Google services Framework and Play services and clear cache and Force stop both of them. That should stop the bleeding but it may come back after a reboot or any other Update of any of the related Google services.

One other thing you can do is going to the same menu in Application Manager and Uninstall all Google Play Services update, then go to the Play store and install latest version or wait for any of the errors you'll begin seeing in the notification bar telling you to update Play services. "

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The following was what I suggested to him/her but it's what I always suggest when the issue is Google Play Services, until Google finally fixes the issue.

"Go to Application Manager on Settings, and in the All tab look for Google services Framework and Play services and clear cache and Force stop both of them. That should stop the bleeding but it may come back after a reboot or any other Update of any of the related Google services.

One other thing you can do is going to the same menu in Application Manager and Uninstall all Google Play Services update, then go to the Play store and install latest version or wait for any of the errors you'll begin seeing in the notification bar telling you to update Play services. "

Does this inhibit any the device functionality or performance?

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Wow that's awesome! My SoT always ends up at a max of 4.5 hours :(. Mostly google play services eats my battery. Does anyone know how to stop it massive drain without having to turn off location?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-14-14-43-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-14-14-43-33.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 81

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Wow that's awesome! My SoT always ends up at a max of 4.5 hours :(. Mostly google play services eats my battery. Does anyone know how to stop it massive drain without having to turn off location?

Posted via the Android Central App

I wish I could help you in regards to the location settings. I have my GPS and location settings switched off at all times on my phone. Maybe someone else will be able to help you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol