Missed Calls not showing in call log?

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure why, but some missed calls are not going to the call log. I dismissed the missed calls from the notification, and then went to check it in in the call log and it wasn't there.

Are there any settings I need to change to see all missed calls?

dreaming of electric sheep

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why, but some missed calls are not going to the call log. I dismissed the missed calls from the notification, and then went to check it in in the call log and it wasn't there.

Not that I can think of. I looked in my settings and I can disable caller ID on outgoing calls.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

donhcj

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I have this same issue. Sometimes I get a missed call in the call log and sometimes I don't. Sometimes the only way I know I received a call is the voicemail indicator. I have had iPhones since day 1 and just switched - this issue is starting to make me think I made a mistake. A phone should at least reliably tell you when you have missed a call. Makes me wonder what calls I have missed from others who didn't leave a voice mail. Also, is there any way to tell when a voice mail was left, since they don't always appear in the log. Thanks

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I have this same issue. Sometimes I get a missed call in the call log and sometimes I don't. Sometimes the only way I know I received a call is the voicemail indicator. I have had iPhones since day 1 and just switched - this issue is starting to make me think I made a mistake. A phone should at least reliably tell you when you have missed a call. Makes me wonder what calls I have missed from others who didn't leave a voice mail. Also, is there any way to tell when a voice mail was left, since they don't always appear in the log. Thanks

What I realised about the S6 is if someone calls and you don't have good reception the phone call can go straight to voicemail for some peculiar reason.

What I did to compensate for this fault is I got my telco to switch my voicemail into voice to text, that way I just see a missed call text come through from the person that tried to call and I call them straight back.

Rognis

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site

Funny, I've been told by people that they've been calling me but I have no missed calls in my call history with an iPhone 6. I was looking into the issue and saw this thread. I don't think it's phone specific, I'm thinking at this point that it's a carrier issue. AT&T is what I'm using.

Kylerross

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site

My Samsung s7 shows all calls besides my wife's and it's incoming, outgoing as well as missed calls only from her number. What's the cause of This? Reception is fine, np new updates and only her number. Very strange.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamesherriott

Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Call log empty

I have an LG Aristo with Android 7.0. My call log no longer displays calls made or received. It was working fine. Any ideas anyone?

Last edited:

sean Fellows

May 21, 2018
Visit site
I don't know if it's correct but I think phone companys are trying to find out which mobile phone numbers are still active and which are burner numbers? Maybe to reissue the numbers no longer in use? Hope it helps