How can I stop Google voice freezing?

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Google voice freezing

Periodically I use Google Voice on the stock keyboard to text. However I noticed when I try to exit Google Voice by clicking the "X" the application freezes and I can't exit until it times out. Anyone else have this issue or a solution? Thanks

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Google voice freezing

Try using Hangouts instead? You can SMS from your Voice number with it, though if you use it for your carrier number SMS, it can get cumbersome having to remember which is which. If you are not using Hangouts for carrier SMS, give it a shot with Voice.

cruetsonly

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
My phone just started doing this yesterday, after I updated a bunch of apps. Any other suggestions? Right now I have to restart my phone every time it freezes, which is about every third time I use it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google voice freezing

Hasn't happened to me yet. I use google voice all the time. VZW Note 3 stock.
I never update any app unless it doesn't work any more. Seems like updating only adds ads to apps that were formerly clean.

Googlesucks2much

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
This is ridiculous that Google can't fix this. My phone has been jacked up since the 9/26 update. Two other friends ended up with serious issues - one had to reset his phone back to factory settings - and the other had to replace her phone altogether. Mine is not as bad - freezes on the voice texting (so I cannot text or make or answer calls without powering down), it won't hold the my wallpaper settings and doesn't give me text notifications (well maybe one out of every 20 or so). I guess I should consider myself lucky?

I'm so over this. Google needs a fix for this. Immediately. It's pathetic. Do I sound angry? I am. A $600 phone that is less than 4 months old that won't work properly now. Yeah, not happy.

Does anyone have a work around for this since Google is too incompetent to figure it out? I already had Verizon try to help me with it - and it resumed all it's issues a couple hours later.