Samsung Galaxy S6 vs Note 4 vs Nexus 6 vs Oneplus Two, Which devices I should buy?

D M C

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I am confuse which device I should buy right now?
Planning to buy device this July and I am able to short down list to these four devices.

I am looking for a device which has
Good Battery Backup
Faster Updates
Good Screen quality

But none of them offer all three of these, so now I have to compromise.
So, now which device will be better if i am buying device for two to three years?

Any suggestion would be most welcome. Thanks You.

Also
I have read some users review that Nexus 6 have some hardware issues like in battery and Note 4 is quite laggy phone. Don't know the truth but if anyone can answer this too. is it true or false?

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how anyone can answer this question for you. Each phone has advantages in the categories you list. I personally just bought a Note 4 last month, but for me I liked the size and the SPen i use it a lot for notes (I have a Note tablet and like the combo). As with all my Samsung devices TouchWiz is the first thing to go and this removes a lot of the lag. I also disabled a ton of the bloat and now the phone runs great. The battery life on the Note 4 is great, the best battery life I have ever had with an Android. I am 7+ hours into my day and I am still at 84%.

I will say a Note is not for everyone. If you don't like a big phone then the S6 is a great option. Has the best screen of the phones you have listed. Samsung is getting better at OS updates for their flagship phones. The S6 is fast and has the best processor of the phones you have listed.

The Nexus 6 will be the fastest for getting updates (by a far margin). If getting fast updates is a priority then a Nexus phone is a great choice. The phone is really big. I don't mind the size of the Note, but the Nexus just felt to big for me. The phone as a good screen, but I don't think it is a nice as the S6 or Note 4. Also, the Nexus is not filled with stupid bloat apps.

Each of the phones has advantages and disadvantages. None of the phones you have listed are bad choices. I would recommend you list the features by what are most important to you and that should make the decision easier.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I think you should go put your hands on each one and see which one you like the best.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I am confuse which device I should buy right now?
Planning to buy device this July and I am able to short down list to these four devices.

I am looking for a device which has
Good Battery Backup
Faster Updates
Good Screen quality

But none of them offer all three of these, so now I have to compromise.
So, now which device will be better if i am buying device for two to three years?

Any suggestion would be most welcome. Thanks You.

Also
I have read some users review that Nexus 6 have some hardware issues like in battery and Note 4 is quite laggy phone. Don't know the truth but if anyone can answer this too. is it true or false?

What about the LG G4?

dreaming of electric sheep

D M C

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
eshropshire - I am not able to decide what is more important.
Note 4 have better hardware and Nexus 6 have better software. I was going through other threads and found that there is always some lag in Note 4 and also Nexus 6 little bit faster than Note 4. But if we leave software part then Note 4 is better than Nexus 6 in every possible department. So confusing.

MDMcAtee - it's very hard to get Nexus 6 hands on experience. It sold online only and most of my friends are iPhone users. But Samsung is different story.

drone3 - Thank you very much for adding this device. I done my research on G4. Design is not kind of my taste. But I'll try to get hands on this device and then decide.

Guys I am looking for a future proof device(2-3 years). In your opinion which device is more future proof?
I was checking which device get more support and found out Nexus devices are best in it. For example Nexus 4 is 2012 device and still getting support from Google. It has been updated to 5.1 and i think it will get next update too.
As far as I know no other Samsung and LG device get this much support.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
eshropshire

Guys I am looking for a future proof device(2-3 years). In your opinion which device is more future proof?
I was checking which device get more support and found out Nexus devices are best in it. For example Nexus 4 is 2012 device and still getting support from Google. It has been updated to 5.1 and i think it will get next update too.
As far as I know no other Samsung and LG device get this much support.

If it's possible to wait for the next nexus I think it will be worth it as there's supposed to be two versions being released. Also the Samsung Note 5 will definitely be worth it.

D M C

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
If it's possible to wait for the next nexus I think it will be worth it as there's supposed to be two versions being released. Also the Samsung Note 5 will definitely be worth it.

Actually I am waiting for device since April.
But that time didn't have budget for $600-$700 phone.
Right now I have and my old Windows phone also started having problem.(Specially the battery is draining too fast)
I can't wait till Nov for Nexus. (I know it will be very appealing device)
Nexus 6 is too big and I have my doubts adjusting with it but I'll take my chances with current devices.
and
I am also looking for Oneplus Two. I hope it will launch in July.

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I can give you my input, because I had the Note 4 then moved to Nexus 6 and now the S6.

The Note was an amazing device until Lollipop update. Now its a total mess extremely laggy sold it, I do not currently suggest the Note.

Galaxy S6 is a good device overall, currently everything works well. It does not have lagg issues as the Note 4, the battery though is not good

Nexus 6 for me is the best between all 3 devices I found it just way to big. If you can get over the size go with the Nexus 6

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If a phablet is not your cup of tea and you are looking for a future proof device, then the GS6 is a good choice. It has one of the brightest displays and fast and smooth storage and RAM. UFS 2.0, 3GB of DDR4 not DDR3 RAM, 14nm Exynos chipset, and Touchwiz skin that is unified and light. 64GB storage should be more than adequate and battery life is, at least in my experience, better than its predecessors and some of its primary rivals. It has one of the best cameras on a smartphone and some point and shoot. Dual wireless charging standards allows you to use wherever wireless charging is available with no need to worry about the charging standards or having to buy a back cover. Tap n go and MST mobile payment coming in the fall. IR blaster to use your phone as a remote control. Fingerprint scanner for added security.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital