Who has More than One Weather App Installed?

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering what affect there is on Battery life when having more than one Weather app running concurrently?
I presume we cannot disable the default (AccuWeather) weather app running in the S6?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering what affect there is on Battery life when having more than one Weather app running concurrently?
I presume we cannot disable the default (AccuWeather) weather app running in the S6?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

Have the AccuWeather and the Weather Channel one. Use the first one once in a while. On the Weather Channel app, don't use GPS location feature. On AccuWeather, on Location only when used and turn Location off when done.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Have the AccuWeather and the Weather Channel one. Use the first one once in a while. On the Weather Channel app, don't use GPS location feature. On AccuWeather, on Location only when used and turn Location off when done.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

The weather channel drained my battery like there was no tomorrow. I ended up uninstalling it altogether

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
The weather channel drained my battery like there was no tomorrow. I ended up uninstalling it altogether

^^^ this... I was amazed how bad it was draining all my devies.. Not just the nexus.
The app looks nice but the twc is probably more iPhone focused which is evident by update release's.

Posted via the Android Central App

scoutbb

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have Zooper Widget installed (used with Nova Prime) along with the default running for the Lock-Screen with very little battery drain and both are configured to refresh every hour.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have 4 weather apps installed & there is very little battery drain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
1Weather, Weather Underground, Weatherbug, local station. I'm a weather geek. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463