How do I know what bloatware is safe to remove?

ksholl473

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a rooted Galaxy S6 running Lollipop 5.0.2. How do I know what apps are safe to remove? Obviously, I know things like "Facebook", "NFL Mobile", etc, but all these apps with names like "AutomationTest" or "com.andoid.xxxx", I have no idea what I might mess up if I delete them.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Most com.xxx files aren't safe to remove.

Go to Samsung Galaxy S6 - XDA Forums Go to the forum for your carrier and look for posts in Help or Development listing the safe apps to get rid of. Then, since you're already rooted, install Link2SD if you haven't already. Don't remove the apps, freeze them. Then if freezing one causes a problem, you can just unfreeze it. (Reinstalling a system app, if you're removed it, can be a problem.)

(The reason the developers there know which ones are safe to remove is that they've bricked their phones often enough removing bloat that they know which seeming unneeded ones will cause a problem if you remove it. (Reflashing a Samsung phone is an exercise in staying awake - it makes "deadly boring" seem exciting. I only do it during prime time, so I have something to watch while the phone is being flashed.)