Anyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I went back to the iPhone today. I couldn't deal with the lag, freezing, overheating, poor battery life, and my music constantly causing the phone to freeze when played over the Bluetooth in my car. I still do prefer the software of Samsung (I mean the way I can customize the phone, adjust settings however I like them, etc), but it's still just too problematic for my taste :/ just wondering if anyone else switched after trying the s6 too

Nuttz565

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So I finally decided to try out the GS6 and bought one today. So far its been a mixed bag and Im going to give it a week but if you asked me right now I would say give me back my iP6.
For starters one really important things to have in a phone for me is a good camera. Now so far the front facing camera on the GS6 is crazy good, it kills my iPhone's. Also when taking pictures of landscapes or any stagnant image the details are exceptional. But sadly probably the most important thing I need a camera to do is for me to be able to take a quick pic of my kids running around and get a decent result. So far the GS6 fails at this. I was in my backyard with plenty of light while the kids were running around and I couldn't for the life of me get a picture without it being blurry. I turned off HDR auto and even turned on the tracking feature but I couldn't get it to take a decent pic. Sure enough I grabbed my wifes iPhone and got clear results on almost every pic.
Its the little things too like when I first was setting the phone up it started flashing between screens and I had to manually power it off twice to get it to stop. Ive had more apps crash in the first day on the GS6 than I had on my iPhone all year.At one point it told me I couldnt use the phones flash because the phone was too hot, I have never seen this happen on a phone before.
I'll report back in a week and let you know what I decided

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not. I tried a 6+ for a little while just to test the waters... and while it is a good phone I just prefer Android a lot more.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
No way my gs6 edge 32 gold has been a beast. With some adjustments the battery has gotten better , I think the only people that would consider going back to a Iphone probably where not big android users anyway and was really just looking for a excuse to go back. And another thing I can't believe folks are getting that much better battery life from à regular iPhone 6 with it 1800 amp battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
It's hard to beat the iPhone it's such a good device, but the S6 is like living in the future, although I hope the future doesn't have this many bugs in it :)

dreaming of electric sheep

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Yea, I loved the camera on the s6, but the phone was just too laggy for me. I left my iPhone on all night and lost 1% battery. The s6 would lose about 10%. Even doing basic tasks like texting would drain the battery on it. I did all the tips I could find, but to no avail. I just don't want to constantly be worrying about my battery life and having to adjust every little thing in hopes of it improving. It's the bugs, like some of the ones you described, that I just couldn't handle anymore. Perhaps if I had always been on android I would be used to it, but coming from Apple it just isn't acceptable to me :/ best of luck with yours though!

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
It's hard to beat the iPhone it's such a good device, but the S6 is like living in the future, although I hope the future doesn't have this many bugs in it :)

I agree. I loved all the features the s6 had. Hands down better than apple in that sense. I just need a phone that runs smoothly, or smoother than the s6. Maybe one day it'll improve, in which case I would try it again, but for now, I'm back to apple

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
No way my gs6 edge 32 gold has been a beast. With some adjustments the battery has gotten better , I think the only people that would consider going back to a Iphone probably where not big android users anyway and was really just looking for a excuse to go back. And another thing I can't believe folks are getting that much better battery life from à regular iPhone 6 with it 1800 amp battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

Believe me, I never look for excuses to spend money. Going back to iPhone wasn't free. Just couldn't deal with all the bugs. You know, maybe it's just I got a bad phone, but this was my THIRD Galaxy s6! The first two were the edge, and both stopped working! The screen stopped rotating on both of them. One within 2 days and the other one on the last day of the two week return policy (talk about luck!). Then I said the hell with the edge, give me the s6. But then I got the poor battery life and constant freezing and lag. :/ after 3 bad experiences it's hard to stay positive

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Ok Razza, if you had to choose between the two what's it gonna be?

Both. Apple for its speed, stability, updating system and battery life. Samsung for its camera, larger app store and lack of boredom. Oh and apple for its torch. The one on the s6 is too dim

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm considering paying off my S6 and switching to the iPhone 6.

Previously, I had the S4 and then I decided to switch to the 5s. Ended up switching to a M8 since I wasn't a big fan of iOS and a lack of features I was missing from Android. Got the S6 after the major fail by HTC. Now, i'm interested in getting the I6. The 5.1 "update" was kinda the last straw for me.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I've had both the GS6 and iPhone 6 for some time now and have been going back and forth but im starting to lean more towards the iPhone 6 in the last couple weeks. Like others have said the GS6 is amazing as far as camera, the abolity to customize and certain features but just too many bugs. Laggy software (compared to iOS), app crashing, poor battery life, music issues with bluetooth. I cant wait and HOPE these things are fixed with software updates. I waited to 5.1 and it seems like the phone is actually worse lol. Dont get me wrong the iPhone is not perfect either but the OS is much more fluid, more stable, app quality is better as well as battery life. I just found myself spending more time tinkering and making adjustments to the GS6 than actually enjoying the phone itself. Plus with the new jailbreak for iOS 8.3 just came out so many of the customization features I enjoyed on the S6 i now have on the iPhone so its like best of both worlds.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I experience a lot of lag

Posted with my shiny s6

Where? if it's on Chrome, then I'd suggest you to try the default browser as it has been verified that the lag on Chrome browsing this, other forums and some heavy loaded pages is because of the JavaScript feature, if you turn it off in Chrome it works perfectly but you are crippling the experience.

If you have Lags on other parts of the UI, then specify when or where so we can give you some advise. Like I've mentioned before my 2 S6 and 4 that I've helped to set, NONE of them are showing any signs of lag, they are running smoothly as they should.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs