Galaxy s6 sales

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy S6 Sales Reportedly Fall Short of Expectations | BGR

BGR that references businesskorea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not surprising. I think the market is getting too saturated with good phones at this point. For a lot of people, even the Moto G is good enough and can be had for next to nothing.

I'm not surprised at all that the S6 has fallen short of expectations. Not because it's bad, but there are so many options for people now. Plus I think companies overestimate the public's want of a new phone every year. There are only so many power users out there, and I can't imagine that such a small % of power users will fuel the industry.

I work in the service industry and see many phones that my customers have. Most are not flagships. Maybe they used to be at one point. But I see a lot of people holding onto their older phones for a long time. Not everyone cares about the latest and greatest, like you would be lead to believe if you hang out here. We are a niche group of users here. Joe Six Pack doesn't care as much. Does it make calls, texts, and do facebook? Sold! Plus it was 99 cents with a 2 yr contract. ;)

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Not surprising. I think the market is getting too saturated with good phones at this point. For a lot of people, even the Moto G is good enough and can be had for next to nothing.

I'm not surprised at all that the S6 has fallen short of expectations. Not because it's bad, but there are so many options for people now. Plus I think companies overestimate the public's want of a new phone every year. There are only so many power users out there, and I can't imagine that such a small % of power users will fuel the industry.

I work in the service industry and see many phones that my customers have. Most are not flagships. Maybe they used to be at one point. But I see a lot of people holding onto their older phones for a long time. Not everyone cares about the latest and greatest, like you would be lead to believe if you hang out here. We are a niche group of users here. Joe Six Pack doesn't care as much. Does it make calls, texts, and do facebook? Sold! Plus it was 99 cents with a 2 yr contract. ;)

Well said and I agree.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Totally agree! I work part-time as a cashier so I come into contact with all sorts of people. I see lots of S4s, S5s and Iphone 5's, 5s still and even see some S3s as well still. I don't see anyone with Iphone 4s or Galaxy 2's much anymore though.

Most of the people I see with the latest gadgets are younger people like under 40 they have the latest Galaxy or Iphone it seems. I graduated college Dec 2013 and it seemed a lot of students had the latest phones or year before models.

We are a minority here who buy phones every year a new one comes out. To be honest other than the finger print sensor, and camera the S6 really is not much different compared to the S5 I had other than the goofy USB the S5 had. I can see why many would not want to spend over $600 on a new phone that isn't much different.

Of course I have the cash on hand to buy new phones every year because I trade in, but next year will I buy a new phone if it's not that different than the s6? Who knows. I'm moving to FL and if I do have a decent job by then maybe I'll buy the next model because I have the disposable income.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you? It says Samsung dominates Apple, doesn't mean they met their goals

Expectations were too lofty to begin with. Original estimates were far more accurate. It's not often you read articles like this. BGR is a known Apple leaning site.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Expectations were too lofty to begin with. Original estimates were far more accurate. It's not often you read articles like this. BGR is a known Apple leaning site.

And that's why it's made known that they pulled information from Business Korea.

Everyone thinks that any site that posts a positive article about Apple is an Apple leaning site. Get over it

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I just think it's the price point of the phone that's killing it. I mean come on... 700 plus for the edge? The only reason I purchased the GS6 was because of the promo price. With the Samsung promo, I practically paid 630 for the 64 GB S6.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I just think it's the price point of the phone that's killing it. I mean come on... 700 plus for the edge? The only reason I purchased the GS6 was because of the promo price. With the Samsung promo, I practically paid 630 for the 64 GB S6.

Yea it's crazy how much new smart phones cost! They cost as much as a laptop computer now. Mine was $670 I think new at Tmobile. I pay for my phones up front and had a $250 trade in. Still a lot of money.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

So what about the 80% of Americans carrying iPhones........ That's not saturation, that's people paying for a great product.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bassbiker

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Well if my HTC M8 hadn't of taken a leap off my motorcycle at 60 mph I would not have purchased a new S6. Price is definitely a factor IMHO and as long as OS's like ICS and Kit Kat are still functional I think folks will continue to hold on to their old phones. As long as consumers feel they are getting gouged they will continue to hold off longer and longer for upgrades.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Agree with this. I use my contract subsidy every 2 years since I have been with att since 97. Paid 299 plus tax and 40 renewal fee to get my 64GB S6.

After using the Zenfone 2, not sure I will pay over 600 for a phone as I have done many times.

Posted via my Galaxy S6!

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Who cares. They aren't the only one that makes android phones, but they are still the sales leader. Let other phone manufacturers start selling phones that run iOS and see how quickly apples profits dip.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Expectations were too optimistic. However, $23 to $25 billion in profit is greater than their nearest competitors combined. Product acceptance of such a radical design departure was bound to be a little slow. I look at it like ripping a band aid off. As more improvements are made in the hardware/firmware optimization are launched, more people will realize that larger battery capacity doesn't always equate to significantly better performance. If you a larger battery but klunky firmware and energy hungry hardware, what good it that. With more storage options and lighter OS/bloat footprint as well as storage options, people will slowly realize that they don't really need a card slot. The profit decline could have been worse. The GS6 is what the GS5 should have been. It also doesn't mean that the GS6 was a flop or failure.