Textra icon in notification tray won't go away

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have no texts I haven't read yet the Textra icon remains visible on my notification bar. When I swipe down there's no actual notification even. I even uninstalled Textra and the icon is still there.

What's up with this???

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. Did you try rebooting your phone? If that didn't work try a hard reset by pressing volume down plus home button plus power button.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I rebooted the phone normally and the notification was finally gone. I think for now I'll stick with Google's Messenger for my texts. Any other texting apps you'd recommend?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I really like Textra but it's buggy as hell. Swiftkey sometimes doesn't work well with it and now this hanging notification weirdness. So at least for now I'm done with Textra. I'd like to find a new texting app that has all of Textra's features but none of the bugs.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that happens to me as well. Idk why it does it. It doesnt happen all the time but sometimes. Must be a bug that either Textra or Samsung has to fix. Still wont stop me from using Textra

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I rebooted the phone normally and the notification was finally gone. I think for now I'll stick with Google's Messenger for my texts. Any other texting apps you'd recommend?

Chomp SMS is another good one. I also used Sliding Messaging with this one you can have a small bubble on the side of the screen and bring up the messages and be able to compose a message from any app and/or screen and it also has the quick reply feature.

Jim Smith14

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I believe it's a problem with Textra. When I first started using it 3 months ago it happened frequently, had to shut my phone down to clear it. Subsequently after every update Textra offered it happened less and less, now it's very infrequent. Tells me they know of the problem and are actively working on a fix.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
this is why I stopped using textra, my ocd gets the best of me with that status bar notification for a text that has been read

sent from my S6 using tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01