Email apps

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using Type Mail and while that works great on my LG G3 and the lowly Moto G, on my new S6E it uses about 2.5% battery overnight. My LG G3 and the Moto G, even if I get the normal 4 or 5 emails during the night, uses close to nothing battery wise and, yes, they are set up the same between all three devices.
Any suggestions for an email app. I have not tried the supplied (I assume Samsung) email app, maybe I should :)

Thanks,
Fred

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using Type Mail and while that works great on my LG G3 and the lowly Moto G, on my new S6E it uses about 2.5% battery overnight. My LG G3 and the Moto G, even if I get the normal 4 or 5 emails during the night, uses close to nothing battery wise and, yes, they are set up the same between all three devices.
Any suggestions for an email app. I have not tried the supplied (I assume Samsung) email app, maybe I should :)

Thanks,
Fred
Try giving the stock one a try. Outlook or K9 are also worth trying.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Since your generally happy with Type Mail, is 2.5% overnight really anything to be concerned about? Also such a small amount of usage could certainly be, maybe most likely be, just a difference in the accuracy of reported usage rather than an actual difference in usage by Type Mail.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.