Wireless charging!

Ray3613

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I got this one doubt before buying a wireless charger! If I connect my wireless charger to a fast charger outlet. Will i get the same speed as the fast charger !

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I got this one doubt before buying a wireless charger! If I connect my wireless charger to a fast charger outlet. Will i get the same speed as the fast charger !

No, but it's not that bad either, depending on the Wireless pad and power adapter, it's something similar to the charging speed when you connect it to the previous 2A Samsung chargers.

Voltron2

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Trust me, once you go with wireless charging you will never look back. As far as I can see the charging speed is about the same, but it is the simplicity of the wireless charging that I love. You just lay it on the pad and walk away.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
No even if you plug the fast charger into the wireless charger it will charge a lot slower.

Posted with my shiny s6

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
The output on a lot of these wireless chargers is rated at 1A, whereas the fast chargers I think are rated at 2A. So you'll get *roughly* half of the charging capability/speed from the former (unless I'm missing some fundamental electricity law of some sort, which wouldn't be unexpected). :)

I just picked up a Techmatte wireless charger, and in its product guide it states that it will probably only deliver approx. 75% of a standard charger's average charging speed, so there's that. I guess with wireless chargers (for now - http://www.droid-life.com/2015/06/24/qi-wireless-charging-is-about-to-get-a-whole-lot-faster/) you just have to choose whether the convenience of drop-and-charge is worth taking a charging speed hit or not.

Richard Meyers

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes. Assuming you are using genuine Samsung accessories. Plugging the Samsung 2A wall charger into the phone base or into the Samsung charging pad produces the 'lighting bolt' icon indicating fast charging is occurring. My guess there's a lot of third party charging gear which is poorly made or mislabeled.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I am not a fan of rapid chargers. What's the hurry? Rapid charging produces more heat, which can shorten battery life (in # of charges and power per charge) and can damage the device. Case in point; a known issue with the S6 Edge is that many using the rapid charger end up cooking the accelerometer, which apparently is too close to the battery. The wireless charger is plenty fast.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I guess I'll try out wireless charging afterall!

I have the original dished rectangular gray Samsung charger for the S4, plus an off-brand rectangular one, and just got the round Samsung one, Avengers edition. The rectangular ones seem fussy about placement, where the round one seems less picky. I keep one at work, one next to the bed, and one in the living room. Thinking I may move the bedroom one to my car. I started using wireless charging on my S4 after the USB jack went intermittent after only a few months.

teerexx87

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Trust me, once you go with wireless charging you will never look back. As far as I can see the charging speed is about the same, but it is the simplicity of the wireless charging that I love. You just lay it on the pad and walk away.
Actually I went back to wired charging a week after getting my free samsung wireless charging pad from BestBuy. I mean I was excited and thrilled as anybody about wireless charging built in the S6 & edge. But after a week or so I was more into the fast charging capabilities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ray3613

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Damn I'm on the edge of buyin' one . Wish I don't regret nd it's worth it! Let's see!

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
If they comply with the Qi 1.1 standard, should be good. The charge rate is dictated by the charger and the AC adapter mah rating. Other variables are the number and size of the coils, which provide varying accuracy of placement, and how thick of a case will still work. The Qi 1.2 standard was pre-announced last year, and is supposed to handle greater distances (thicker cases). I saw a recent article indicating a further redesign - don't recall what else is changing.

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the official Samsung round one. It's pretty damn quick at chargng. I can't say I've ever sat checked one vs the other but I have the fast charger plugged into it and when I get home from work I drop my phone on it for 10 or 20 minutes and I've got an extra 30-40% charge easy. That's plenty fast enough for me.

Take these numbers with a pinch of salt because i've never sat and checked it thoroughly but to me it feels faster than any other charger I've used in the past.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the official Samsung round one. It's pretty damn quick at chargng. I can't say I've ever sat checked one vs the other but I have the fast charger plugged into it and when I get home from work I drop my phone on it for 10 or 20 minutes and I've got an extra 30-40% charge easy. That's plenty fast enough for me.

Take these numbers with a pinch of salt because i've never sat and checked it thoroughly but to me it feels faster than any other charger I've used in the past.

I've got one of the round ones too, and initially used it with a Moto 850mah adapter I had laying around. That charged pretty slow, so I swapped in a Samsung 2A adapter. Now charges pretty fast and doesn't heat up the battery much.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

OEM Samsung Qi Wireless products is what I have and use. Really appreciating the "going cable free" when charging.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...368-samsung-galaxy-wireless-charging-pad.html

8taylor8

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
S6 and old rectangular wireless charger for S4

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have a similar charging pad but the phone has to be in the right spot for it to charge. Do you think that is the quality of the charger or the type?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC