lollipop 5.1.1

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I do understand how Android works, but thank you for explaining. Manufacturers can push updates for their Lollipop devices whenever they like. There does not have to be a major Android OS update for them to fix something. LG did it over the past few weeks for multiple carriers with the G4, as did Samsung for Verizon users last week. They can send out patches and such (it just needs to be approved by the carrier).

So that's why a fix could come before Android M. It's Samsung’s problem, not Google's. Rumor is right now the fix could come with the release of the Note 5 (sorry, meant Galaxy S6 edge plus) and in my opinion that's a little too long for them to patch such a big issue.
Rumor: RAW support and TouchWiz RAM fix to debut on the Galaxy S6 edge Plus? - SamMobile

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Major updates and even smaller ones take way too long for carrier devices that are not stock Android.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Well that we definitely agree on! Hopefully this year's Nexus won't be huge and then we can all get quick updates.

I have been itching to try a Nexus device but my first introduction to Android was the GS3 coming from RIM devices.

Allan Preston

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Still 5.0.2 on TescoMobile, which is a VMNO using O2's network.

Which is quite annoying as its absolutely stock, with nothing carrier specific.

dannywalls76

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 5.1.1 and I'm on a GS6 on O2 UK. I wasn't getting any notification of an OTA update for my phone, but as soon as I connected to Smart Switch on my laptop it told me there was an update available. Maybe try and update through your PC if you're in the UK. My model number is SM-G920-F.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rozbeans

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Only issue I have with 5.1.1, so far, is it f9cked up my logitech pro bluetooth keyboard I use with my 12.2 note pro. That's a mouth full. It connects, but doesn't type. Hope they fix this soon. Hear it's a Logitech only issue.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Only issue I have with 5.1.1, so far, is it f9cked up my logitech pro bluetooth keyboard I use with my 12.2 note pro. That's a mouth full. It connects, but doesn't type. Hope they fix this soon. Hear it's a Logitech only issue.
Try clearing the cache partition and see if that helps.

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
5.1.1 works super well in nexus 4, the kitkat and 5.0 was having a headphone issue handling the calls. when you plug it off, the calls appears to be in speaker but are not, fortunately google fixed that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34