S6 screen freezes with with a moving blue bar going up and down

nicoroy123

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
For the second time, my galaxy s6 screen seem to be frozen. When it happens, I see a blue bar moving up and down on the screen. I can reset the phone by holding power and volume down button but it doesn't fix it, the phone is still frozen after the reboot.

I can't power down the phone completely since the screen doesn't allow me to hit the Power Off option! All button seem to be working fine.

Really weird.

Anyone have an idea for me?
Thanks friends
Nic

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
There is another user on the S6 edge forum with the same, it seems that in her case she received the 5.1.1 update and while checking on the settings she changed something that it's suppose to allow to see the notifications with a single tap, I assume that it was something on the Accessibility menu. So, do you recall doing something similar? it will be good to see if there is a pattern so a bug can be reported.

But, back to your issue, according to her, she couldn't boot up on Safe mode because as soon as she tap the screen for anything it begins doing the same, so I'm afraid that if you find the same, you will need to do a factory reset in recovery Mode, try booting the phone and without touching the screen connect it to your PC and do a Full Backup with Samsung Smart Switch for PC (or Mac) and once you have that then do the Factory reset.

In case you don't know how to enter to recovery mode, turn it off (Like you were instructed above) and then press and hold volume up, home and power buttons until you see the Android robot, then browse the options with the volume keys and select with the power button.

nicoroy123

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much guys for your help! All this info was very helpful.
Here are some other details that could help to shed light on this issue.

-It is not related to the 5.1.1 update. We are still waiting for Rogers to push it. I am at 5.0.2.
-It may be indeed related to something within Accessibility like stated in the other thread. I had the following options enabled:
--Direct Access at On
--Universal Switch at On
--Single Tap Mode On

I turned them all Off. I will see from there if it helps or not. I recall seing a msg from Accessibility asking to enable or disable something, don't remember what. This was probably following an accidental gesture I made on the phone while getting it out of my pocket... so yes, maybe a custom gesture could be the trigger of this bug, or the single tap mode like stated in the other thread.

Hope it can help.

Best regards to all.
Nicolas

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One thing that might be helpful is a video of what occurs, if you can catch it. But you'd have to take the video of the screen using another device's camera, then post it to YouTube or some other cloud site for us to view.

sandhu1984

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem happen to me twice. If you hit your home key 3 times very quickly and it will go away. It is some weird short cut that will lock you screen.

gopinath kumaravelu

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi I had this issue too. Just hit home button 3 times or 4 times will work like a charm. This is called universal switch and it can be activated by an accidental home button clicks.

Hope this will help you!!

Simon Neirynck

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Had the same problem, It was the universal switch that i turned on. Didn't read all the guide lines where it says you have to press the home button three times to turn it of. Glad that i didn't reset my phone

vicki90

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
i have the same problem. ive tryed everything that is on this thread but nothing seems to work, all i can do is reset the phone, cant factory reset, pressed home button 3 times, tryed everything. someone please help

zaimos2016

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem happen to me twice. If you hit your home key 3 times very quickly and it will go away. It is some weird short cut that will lock you screen.

I had the same problem and I did the same thing to solve it. It works perfectly. Thanks to sandhu1984.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackie Arcy

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Just had this problem... blue line scrolling. three taps of the home button fast. fixes the problem. do not do a hard reset.

Thanks for the help

jackimeret

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
My home button is not responding, all I get is the pin screen and a bleep noise. I have no touch screen, so the only function I have is volume and power. Even starting in safe mode I still have the blue bar and no functionality. I was having problems with the home button for about a week after an electrical storm surged power while the phone was charging.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'd guess that something internal got fried from the power surge. Bring it to a repair shop, or contact Samsung if it's still under warranty.

Poolplayer77

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
For the second time, my galaxy s6 screen seem to be frozen. When it happens, I see a blue bar moving up and down on the screen. I can reset the phone by holding power and volume down button but it doesn't fix it, the phone is still frozen after the reboot.

I can't power down the phone completely since the screen doesn't allow me to hit the Power Off option! All button seem to be working fine.

Really weird.

Anyone have an idea for me?
Thanks friends
Nic

Click home button 4 times quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa