S6 screen freezes with with a moving blue bar going up and down

Georgia Peach2

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: note 5 screen freezes with with a moving blue bar going up and down

The blue line occurred once after i Began going into the settings to accessibility to the dexterity screen froze couldn't even them the phone off is my phone a defect? please help!!

Georgia Peach2

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I was also in the accessibility menu activating the single tap thing and the blue line was on my screen

There is another user on the S6 edge forum with the same, it seems that in her case she received the 5.1.1 update and while checking on the settings she changed something that it's suppose to allow to see the notifications with a single tap, I assume that it was something on the Accessibility menu. So, do you recall doing something similar? it will be good to see if there is a pattern so a bug can be reported.

But, back to your issue, according to her, she couldn't boot up on Safe mode because as soon as she tap the screen for anything it begins doing the same, so I'm afraid that if you find the same, you will need to do a factory reset in recovery Mode, try booting the phone and without touching the screen connect it to your PC and do a Full Backup with Samsung Smart Switch for PC (or Mac) and once you have that then do the Factory reset.

In case you don't know how to enter to recovery mode, turn it off (Like you were instructed above) and then press and hold volume up, home and power buttons until you see the Android robot, then browse the options with the volume keys and select with the power button.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zain Ahsan

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
i CANNOT ...I JUST CANNOT.... thank you enough !! LIFE SAVER! ... i was playing with my newly bought s7 and this happened and got me worried sick !! thanks a lot mate!!!!!

Banchoukakarot

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

I also did the same thing by accident to my S6 Edge but I can't fix it, some how clicking the home button 3 times or more does not even do a thing for me, I will never format my phone so I need another solution.
Ps: I know about the OTG cable but their are no stores that sell the cable.
Ps #2: Is it possible to use the laptop touch pad as a mouse to the phone if i connected them using the charger wire? If it is possible, I would like to know the method.

Last edited:

juwalker

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

On my S6 Edge, i just now experienced the issue with frozen screen/blue line going up & down. Glad I found this forum before doing a factory reset. Saw the comments about pressing the home key 3-4 times, turning off universal switch, and the single tap switch. I did all of the above and my phone is fine now. Thanks for the info.

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
hi can anyone help me? i had this issues as well before , and its fixed after i hit the home button 3 times.
but after it came back to normal , i lost the smileys on the samsung keyboard and the copy paste ability is gone too . how to make it back to normal again??

brent hanks

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
For the second time, my galaxy s6 screen seem to be frozen. When it happens, I see a blue bar moving up and down on the screen. I can reset the phone by holding power and volume down button but it doesn't fix it, the phone is still frozen after the reboot.

I can't power down the phone completely since the screen doesn't allow me to hit the Power Off option! All button seem to be working fine.

Really weird.

Anyone have an idea for me?
Thanks friends
Nic

Go to settings and then go to accessibility and turn off Universal Switch. Problem solved

MJ Ronnie

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem happen to me twice. If you hit your home key 3 times very quickly and it will go away. It is some weird short cut that will lock you screen.

Thank you so much Sandhu for helping me out. I had this problem on my galaxy s6 edge and I didn't know how to fix that problem. Coz whenever I touched my screen to do anything, it just pulled down the notification bar. I even tried to get help from the Samsung customer care. They suggested me to visit their service center. Then I searched online for the solution and luckily saw your advice. Thank you so much. You saved my money and time. God bless you buddy.

MJ Ronnie

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
That doesn't work buddy. Plz dont comment until and unless you understand the actual problem. The problem is with the screen. Whenever you touch the screen, nothing will happen except for the notification bar coming down. So if we can't operate the screen, how are we supposed to go to settings option. Let me tell you again, whatever you do, you can't operate your phone when you activate the universal switch even if you touch the settings logo at the top right on your notification bar, nothing will happen. The only solution is to triple tap your home button quickly, and voila! Problem solved!!

Rambo Rangs

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
thansks man.. it worked for me too. also for me the back button is not working or behaving like the mulitasker button. any idiea how to fix that?

Heather Crutchley

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Omg thank you for this! Universal switch was off and it was still doing it randomly. This comment lead me to find out that since direct access was still on, I was accidentally triggering it. I was about to throw my galaxy s8 into a fire!

mickeysail

Jul 2, 2017
Visit site
I had this problem happen to me twice. If you hit your home key 3 times very quickly and it will go away. It is some weird short cut that will lock you screen.

Pressing home key 3-4 times works! My phone froze while I was entering text for a FB post.. powered off.. blue line (and blue box outlines) scrolling down screen with bleeping noise once phone powered up, touch screen unresponsive.. rebooted in safe mode (hold volume down and home key), same problem.

Note: I tried pressing the home key three or four times in a row.. first few times it didn't work. Keep trying.. it will work eventually.. maybe it wasn't the correct timing or pressure the first few times?

So glad I didn't have to factory reset.. thank you sandhu1984!!!!

Mahdi Hosseini

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
hi everyone
the best way that I test it is:

1. Tried restart of phone multiple times(by pressing Power+ Down Volume and Home botton)
2. Tried pressing home button 3 & more times continuously

100% works
be sure

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer