Problem With Nova?

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I just had a weird problem happen on my phone. My phone created a white translucent box around the top right app on my home screen which is greenify. I then swiped across and it dropped down to being on my camera app instead. It wouldn't go away until I reset my phone. Is anyone else having this happen or was it just a completely random glitch. I'm on Nova launcher

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
There was a recent update for Nova. I had a temporary glitch losing the tab header in the drawer, but after a while it came back on its own. Have you seen the same problem after rebooting your phone?

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I use Nova Prime + Tesla Unread ... every once in a while, Nova seems to get a mind of its own, and opens some random app instead of whatever app I just tapped on to open. When this happens, I have to reboot the phone. I have NO idea why this happens, but if all I have to do is reboot the phone, then it's not that big a deal to me ... especially since this phone completely reboots in about 30 second or less.

Just for clarity, ever since I moved over to android, I've found that android is just glitchy at times, period. I'm sure it has to do with how many pieces are in the puzzle ... google, samsung, at&t, nova, a gazillion separate app devs, etc. Not to mention how many different hardware manufacturers for android phones that are out there, and how many different models with different hardware/software features there are ... Sometimes, I'm honestly surprised that our phones work at all with how many layers of "stuff" there are between inception and use.

So, little things like apps hanging up, or needing to reboot my phone ... it just doesn't bother me. I'll trade that for the functionality and customization of android over "the other guys" ... Plus, Nova adds SO much more to the experience that I'd never give it up unless it really started to make my phone unusable ...

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Nova Prime and haven't had any of the issues you guys have mentioned. But we're talking about software and well there's always bugs.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Could this be related to the screen sensitivity that some have encountered with the TouchWiz UI and not Nova or Nova Prime?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have Nova Prime and Tesla Unread. I thought that I set it up correctly but I'm not getting an unread count on my non Gmail account.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have Nova Prime and Tesla Unread. I thought that I set it up correctly but I'm not getting an unread count on my non Gmail account.

Check your settings. You have to enable which apps you want to be included with that plugin.

Posted via the Android Central App

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Stock email app.

Right now, Tesla Unread is broken in terms of displaying the unread count badge on any account associated with the Samsung Email app. It's not "you" problem ... it's the app/plugin. I'm having the exact same issue with mine. I have tried contacting the developer of Nova and Tesla Unread, but have not been able to get a response back to see if this is being addressed.

Funny though ... it all works perfectly on my S4 ... and on my S6, if I use TW as the launcher, I get unread badges on my Samsung email app, but NOT on my Gmail app ... but as soon as I use Nova launcher, I stop getting the badges on my Samsung email app, but I DO get them on my Gmail app.

Guess you can't have your cake and eat it too on this issue ... at least not yet.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Right now, Tesla Unread is broken in terms of displaying the unread count badge on any account associated with the Samsung Email app. It's not "you" problem ... it's the app/plugin. I'm having the exact same issue with mine. I have tried contacting the developer of Nova and Tesla Unread, but have not been able to get a response back to see if this is being addressed.

Funny though ... it all works perfectly on my S4 ... and on my S6, if I use TW as the launcher, I get unread badges on my Samsung email app, but NOT on my Gmail app ... but as soon as I use Nova launcher, I stop getting the badges on my Samsung email app, but I DO get them on my Gmail app.

Guess you can't have your cake and eat it too on this issue ... at least not yet.

Thanks. I also get badge on my Gmail account.

De Venton

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
The fix is to let Tesla read your notifications. It's in the settings. Click on notification bar watcher then below that choose the apps you want it to watch. In this case select the Samsung email app.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The fix is to let Tesla read your notifications. It's in the settings. Click on notification bar watcher then below that choose the apps you want it to watch. In this case select the Samsung email app.

Done. Selected Samsung email. Messaging App. Visual Voicemail. Thanks. Will update later.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

That is a pseudo-workaround. All that does is add a badge if it sees a notification for the Samsung email app in the notification bar. As soon as tou dismiss the notification, the badge goes away.

Point is, thats not an unread count. Its just an additional notification. Useful, yes. Unread count, no.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
That is a pseudo-workaround. All that does is add a badge if it sees a notification for the Samsung email app in the notification bar. As soon as tou dismiss the notification, the badge goes away.

Point is, thats not an unread count. Its just an additional notification. Useful, yes. Unread count, no.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Still better to have a workaround until the developer updates it. Does he have a website to request changes?

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Still better to have a workaround until the developer updates it. Does he have a website to request changes?

The same guy that makes Nova Launcher is who makes Tesla Unread ... Tesla Unread has no direct website or feedback channel ... so if you want to leave some kind of suggestion or message, this is the only way I know of to reach the developer.

Nova Feature Requests: Hot (2973 ideas) – Customer Feedback for Nova Launcher

Someone else may have another avenue, but that's all I've got.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The same guy that makes Nova Launcher is who makes Tesla Unread ... Tesla Unread has no direct website or feedback channel ... so if you want to leave some kind of suggestion or message, this is the only way I know of to reach the developer.

Nova Feature Requests: Hot (2973 ideas) – Customer Feedback for Nova Launcher

Someone else may have another avenue, but that's all I've got.

Found a website. Left a suggestion. According to Kevin the administrator, it's been completed but I have gotten no updates so I left my suggestion anyway.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Found a website. Left a suggestion. According to Kevin the administrator, it's been completed but I have gotten no updates so I left my suggestion anyway.

If it's been completed, I have no idea when it was supposedly pushed out in the play store, because I haven't received an update for Tesla Unread that has fixed the issue.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon