Lollipop 5.1.1 - T-Mobile

Richard Meyers

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I just got notice of 5.1.1 OS update from T-Mobile for my SM-G920I. About 600+ MB. I haven't decided to install yet since phone is working perfectly. Just an FYI.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got notice of 5.1.1 OS update from T-Mobile for my SM-G920I. About 600+ MB. I haven't decided to install yet since phone is working perfectly. Just an FYI.

So, you have an unlocked SM-G920i running on T-Mobile network and you have an update notification? That's for sure good news for me as I'm still waiting for the 5.1.1 on mine also, but it's not a T-Mobile update, your phone is unlocked so they come directly from Samsung.

Can you tell me your AP and CSC values by going to your phone number pad and dial *#1234#? I'd appreciate if you can, thanks.

Richard Meyers

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I decided to do the download since I want to eventually try Samsung Pay. The update went smoothly. Phone seems a little faster and is using less RAM (60% vs 75%). Also, noticed 'A-Z' option in apps drawer.

I tried that short code twice but got an error both times. I've only had success with T-Mobile's list of short codes and even a couple of those don't work as they should.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I decided to do the download since I want to eventually try Samsung Pay. The update went smoothly. Phone seems a little faster and is using less RAM (60% vs 75%). Also, noticed 'A-Z' option in apps drawer.

I tried that short code twice but got an error both times. I've only had success with T-Mobile's list of short codes and even a couple of those don't work as they should.

I've tried *#1234# with both, my T-Mobile S6 edge (Sm-G925t) and my regular S6 (SM-G920i) and it works in both. Please try again just to be sure you didn't enter a wrong value before, just want to be sure that they began updating the Sm-G920i besides the Indian Market, as I'm assuming that you are using the same Unlocked International version I also have with T-Mobile USA.

My PDA is the same than other regions (G920IDVU1BOE3) but my phone's default region is Australia, it's CSC is G920IXSA1BOE3 , it's not region locked but all phones has a default region, and it updates based on that.

**EDIT** I just went to my T-mobile S6 edge and check and the *#1234# is not working on it anymore, maybe it was disabled after the 5.1.1 update. Anyways, you can always install this little app that will give you all this and a lot of other phone information.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo

Last edited:

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlocked, non-carrier, international (925F) S6E that I bought around 3 weeks ago. It update to 5.1.1 immediately, right out of the box, during the initial setup, even before I had installed a sim, just first time turned on and on wifi only.
I'm in the US on AT&T but that didn't matter, as I had no even installed a sim in it during the initial setup.

Fred

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I have an unlocked, non-carrier, international (925F) S6E that I bought around 3 weeks ago. It update to 5.1.1 immediately, right out of the box, during the initial setup, even before I had installed a sim, just first time turned on and on wifi only.
I'm in the US on AT&T but that didn't matter, as I had no even installed a sim in it during the initial setup.

Fred

Are you getting all the at&t LTE bands using the 925F model? I have tmobile and I am considering myself to get a 925F model because I want immediate updates.