"Your device has been unlocked to support any UICC"

jedson01

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
First thing I saw on my GS6 this morning was a message saying "Your device has been unlocked to support any UICC" and the only option was to click "OK".

What does this mean? I recently got the 5.1.1 upgrade. Is it related to that?

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Means, for whatever reason now, that your phone is SIM unlocked, so you should be able to use a SIM from any GSM network provider that supports the same GSM bands.

Fred

1982jlb

Feb 24, 2019
Visit site
That interesting I got up this morning an got the same message as all u guys in this room I just had to push the ok button

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
According to Sprint's unlocking site:

For postpaid customers with SIM unlock-capable devices (meaning any made after February 2015, which includes the S6), Sprint has chosen to simply unlock active eligible SIM unlock-capable devices without requiring our customers to initiate an unlock request.
(Italics are my comment.)

That doesn't mean that the Sprint S6 can be used on anyone else's towers. AT&T and TMobile are GSM, which the phone isn't (Sprint and Verizon use CDMA), and Verizon typically doesn't allow Sprint phones on their towers. Almost everyone else n the US is an MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) and uses the towers of one of those 4 carriers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos