Just got the S6 some questions to start with

iamloco724

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got the S6 still not sure im keeping it as of now my main issue is im not a fan of amoled screens that they used the colors are very saturated compared to other devices (im coming from the M8) and it seems to bother my eyes but i still might keep it i have to really use it over the next week to test the battery and such out.

I might continue to add to this but this is my first few questions, what Samsung apps can i disable safely and not affect my phone experience i saw Samsung apps randomly start to download and i didnt like that at all, it seems the only thing im using as of now is themes.

My other question for now is for those using alternative SMS apps what do you recommend, i would have no problem with stock if i could just get the screen to stop turning on with notification but there is no way to disable this so only option is a replacement app

As i said the jury is still out, the main selling point to me on this phone was the camera im typically not a fan of Samsung phones in general I have interest in the G4 too but not sure i like the size.

crpmp007

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I just got the S6 still not sure im keeping it as of now my main issue is im not a fan of amoled screens that they used the colors are very saturated compared to other devices (im coming from the M8) and it seems to bother my eyes but i still might keep it i have to really use it over the next week to test the battery and such out.

I might continue to add to this but this is my first few questions, what Samsung apps can i disable safely and not affect my phone experience i saw Samsung apps randomly start to download and i didnt like that at all, it seems the only thing im using as of now is themes.

My other question for now is for those using alternative SMS apps what do you recommend, i would have no problem with stock if i could just get the screen to stop turning on with notification but there is no way to disable this so only option is a replacement app

As i said the jury is still out, the main selling point to me on this phone was the camera im typically not a fan of Samsung phones in general I have interest in the G4 too but not sure i like the size.

Not sure I can answer your first question, but as far as the screen goes if you go to settings, display, Screen mode, and change it to basic it may be more to your liking. I'm on ATT so I only disabled the ATT apps, and some apps I will never use.

As for the text app... i go between stock and Googles messenger app, but you can disable the pop-up on the stock app by opening it up, hit more, settings, notifications, and turn the pop-up off.

Hopefully I did help in some way.

iamloco724

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Not sure I can answer your first question, but as far as the screen goes if you go to settings, display, Screen mode, and change it to basic it may be more to your liking. I'm on ATT so I only disabled the ATT apps, and some apps I will never use.

As for the text app... i go between stock and Googles messenger app, but you can disable the pop-up on the stock app by opening it up, hit more, settings, notifications, and turn the pop-up off.

Hopefully I did help in some way.

The pop up isnt the problem, the screen actually turns on with the notification thats what i dont like especially with my phone by my bedside at night if i get a text that i want to ignore the screen turns on

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I came from the HTC One M7, and the screen saturation was very jarring for the first few weeks. If you go into settings you can go into the display/screen mode and try the different options. I ended up coming back to the original setting. My only problem is now I don't think I can go back to a regular display, I've become addicted to the amoled :)

dreaming of electric sheep

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Google Messenger is a good alternative to stock - it has more customisation and it doesn't light up your screen when a message comes in.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Textra is a very popular SMS app. Fully customizable.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa