Problems with keyboard

ryanqc

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

My phone has been acting weird lately in a number of different ways. Firstly, if I am in a message with my keyboard open, and press the power button, when I turn on the screen again, the keyboard is stuck on the lock screen.

Secondly, my keyboard seems to be overlapping the pointer when i tap on a word and when I spell a word and it autocorrects,but I want to revert to the previous word so I tap on it, that previous word in the dropbox is hidden behind the keyboard as well. See attachment.

Screenshot_2015-07-15-15-53-12.jpg

Could anyone tell me how to fix this?

Ravi Paw

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Which keyboard are you using, stock or something like SwiftKey. If it's the later I would reinstall it and try again..

Android Central App (S6 White 64gb)

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Samsung (stock) keyboard

Settings > Device > Applications > Application Manager > All (top tab) > Samsung keyboard

Clear data and then force stop application.

See if that helps.

Third Party Keyboard

Go into the application manager, under the downloaded tab, find app, and clear cache/delete data/force close (all 3)

Uninstalling and reinstalling might not clear the data if you have your google account set to restore app data when it has neb reinstalled.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Samsung (stock) keyboard

Settings > Device > Applications > Application Manager > All (top tab) > Samsung keyboard

Clear data and then force stop application.

See if that helps.

Third Party Keyboard

Go into the application manager, under the downloaded tab, find app, and clear cache/delete data/force close (all 3)

Uninstalling and reinstalling might not clear the data if you have your google account set to restore app data when it has neb reinstalled.

If it persists, clear the cache partition. If that doesn't work, factory reset.

ryanqc

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Clearing the cache didn't work. I really want to avoid having to do a factory reset! Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Ryan, welcome to the forums! Have you already tried changing the size of your keyboard and disabling the numbers row? If nothing works you could try booting your phone in safe mode so you can check if there's a problem with your system or a conflict with any third party app that you downloaded.