I fell in the pool with my Samsung Galaxy S6, what do I do?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: i fell in the pool with my Samsung Galaxy S6

Sounds like your phone is seriously shot, pal.

I wish I knew stores that fix water-damaged phones, but that's not covered by the device's warranty, which means even Samsung won't repair it.

Only thing I can suggest is getting a new phone, and since your friend caused all this (not sure if it's by accident or on purpose), he owes you a new phone.

Try a container with silica gel packets or the Bheestie bag the next time an electronic device gets in contact with a lot of water.

Last edited:

VerizonDroidMotoX

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

Put the phone in rice for about 3 hrs. The rice will absorb a lot of the water and ur phone should be good

Scary thing about doing that is almost any insurance will ask you if the phone is damaged prior to being insured. The reason you get insurance is so when this happens your covered. Getting it after the fact is actually fraud. Of course people do it all the time but its technically deceiving insurance companies to cover something you broken when you did not have coverage...Think of it like renting a car...Lets say you don't get insurance and crash it then take it back to rental place and kindly ask for the insurance after the fact lol

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Scary thing about doing that is almost any insurance will ask you if the phone is damaged prior to being insured. The reason you get insurance is so when this happens your covered. Getting it after the fact is actually fraud. Of course people do it all the time but its technically deceiving insurance companies to cover something you broken when you did not have coverage...Think of it like renting a car...Lets say you don't get insurance and crash it then take it back to rental place and kindly ask for the insurance after the fact lol

Yeah this is what I was also thinking, which is why I was a bit hesitant. I probably wouldn't recommend it

VerizonDroidMotoX

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

Yeah this is what I was also thinking, which is why I was a bit hesitant. I probably wouldn't recommend it

Trust me I see people do it all the time. I use to work for Asurion which is a insurance company for devices. We would see all types of claims that were just hilariously misleading. Best one was somebody who got our address online shipped there broken Samsung S4 to us, literally crushed like somebody ran it over with a car and in the package was a note asking for insurance and for it to be fixed along with a whopping $5 dollar check that had in the memo "Good Faith Payment" lol Insurance can be a tricky road not to mention how many stipulations you have I am not kidding If you committed a crime and the phone got broken during that crime insurance will deny claim even if you have insurance legitimately. Lesson being don't break your phone over a bartenders head and expect a insurance replacement.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

This is why I have never gone for any kind of "trade-in" program when I buy a new phone. My old phone is "insurance" if I break the new one. I haven't damaged a phone yet -- and I haven't had a phone near a pool, ever.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

This is why I have never gone for any kind of "trade-in" program when I buy a new phone. My old phone is "insurance" if I break the new one. I haven't damaged a phone yet -- and I haven't had a phone near a pool, ever.

Same here - my S4 lies in wait. Got in this habit when my teenager was going through phones monthly...

vtmruss

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

Just some helpful advice
-Never plug your phone in after you get it wet until you are certain it is completely dry
-Rice doesnt really work
-there are stores that have machines that will dry out your phone 100% in about an hour (TCC its called redux)
-if you already fried it before you dried it file a claim and get a replacement TMP on Verizon now covers water damage

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Just some helpful advice
-Never plug your phone in after you get it wet until you are certain it is completely dry
-Rice doesnt really work
-there are stores that have machines that will dry out your phone 100% in about an hour (TCC its called redux)
-if you already fried it before you dried it file a claim and get a replacement TMP on Verizon now covers water damage

...and it won't matter if it had been turned off when it went in the water since there is always power to the switch when there is a battery in it...

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Just some helpful advice
-Rice doesnt really work

Rice does work. It's a natural moisture receiver. The key is that you have to use alot of it in an air tight container and have patients. Most put it in a bag with rice and say WTF? it didn't work after only being in there for a few hours. You have to let it sit for 24 to 48 hours, or longer, for it to work. I know, I've done it many times. Key word is patients.

Posted via the Android Central App

leebut

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I remember a TV programme that introduced a bag that you put a water-damaged phone into, which contains something to remove the impurities in the water that bound to the circuits. The thing is, I can't remember the name of the product, but it did work.

Just found a link to a possible solution: http://www.amazon.co.uk/607/dp/B008KOYVF8?tag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4572616

I think it's called the Bheestie bag.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Same here - my S4 lies in wait. Got in this habit when my teenager was going through phones monthly...

Wow, I think I'd tell my teenager to make their phone last the two year cycle. Anytime before that it's on them to pay for it.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Wow, I think I'd tell my teenager to make their phone last the two year cycle. Anytime before that it's on them to pay for it.

Yeah, probably should have done that sooner, and ultimately did. Now they are older and quite responsible - more than I was at their age, so we must have done something right...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress