Can I get some help transferring images to the pc?

Mort1s1

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Transferring images to the pc

Transferring images from the Galaxy S6 to my pc gives four copies, regardless of the application used to transfer

1. Normal picture, so the camera is set to 8.79 MB
2. "Large. Jpg" 3.17 KB
3. "256x256_fit_on_bestfit.jpg" 34.0 KB
4. "1024x768_bestfit.jpg" 170.0 KB

Moreover transferred:
5. "lockscreen_capture_port.png" 86.9 KB
White image showing time and date of the transfer
6. "homescreenPreviev.png" 172 KB
Screen dump of the phone's home screen
7. "gmsnet2.jpg" 6.83 KB
A white image

Has anyone an idea of what I need to do to avoid the extra images are transferred
Unfortunately, Samsung does not seem to help me when I get different answers each time I ask.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Transferring images to the pc

Have you tried transferring the images manually? If not, you can connect the the device to the computer and select the device on the pop-up dialogue that comes up on the computer. Make sure to have the drivers installed and the device set to MTP (from the phones pull down menu after it's connected).

Alternatively, if there's a home WiFi network, you can use an application (on your phone) such as AirDroid or WiFi File Transfer. Both are free in the Play Store, though a paid version exists to unlock more features. Follow the on screen prompts to open a browser on your computer and transfer the files over WiFi. No cables are needed and separate device drivers don't need to be installed. I would suggest this method as the easiest if you have a WiFi network to connect to.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool