My issue with battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm going crazy trying to decide s6 or g4 and I'm aware of the many battery threads but I'm still looking for peoples first hand opinions.

I'm looking at a 2 year contract and want the best I can get that will last the 2 years, there is not much difference in prices so just need to make the choice.

My problem is the difference between owners reviews , journo reviews and benchmark tests the s6 seems to come out best in most areas but only just ( not enough to make that much of a difference ) apart from benchmarks ( quite abit better ) and the battery which in bench mark test seems to come out a good deal better than the g4 but in owner/journo reviews it seems to be the complete opposite , so on the face of it the s6 would seem the best bet but my major concern is the constant worry of battery issues. where as i'd rather not worry about battery but take a slight hit on the overall phone spec but was wondering about first hand opinions.

just a little more info, I currently use a 2014 2nd gen moto g which I got just to get back on android after apple for 2 years , My battery life is just starting to go strange ( have not found out why yet ) but normal use 100% at 7am down to 30 - 50 % at 11pm with 3 ish hours SOT ( a little bit less at the moment but not looked into why yet ) as for the bench marks stuff the main one is phone areana which covers loads of areas about the phones but confirmed some things on other sites ( cant remember what sites).

I'm going to leave this in the g4 forum to see different opinions as well .

thanks for reading this post and I look forward to hopefully being able to make a final choice

tbg

carter79

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine over a month now after swapping from a s4 with no real issues bar the crap wifi on the phone.
I use it lots throughout the day with a brightscreen and always have some juice left before bed.
But I make sure I don't have pointless apps running or keeping wifi.. nfc.. bluetooth on..
I guess it all depends on what you expect, compared to what you've actually bought.
That's where some people are disappointed I guess?

Posted via the Android Central App

Will6371

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm going crazy trying to decide s6 or g4 and I'm aware of the many battery threads but I'm still looking for peoples first hand opinions.

I'm looking at a 2 year contract and want the best I can get that will last the 2 years, there is not much difference in prices so just need to make the choice.

My problem is the difference between owners reviews , journo reviews and benchmark tests the s6 seems to come out best in most areas but only just ( not enough to make that much of a difference ) apart from benchmarks ( quite abit better ) and the battery which in bench mark test seems to come out a good deal better than the g4 but in owner/journo reviews it seems to be the complete opposite , so on the face of it the s6 would seem the best bet but my major concern is the constant worry of battery issues. where as i'd rather not worry about battery but take a slight hit on the overall phone spec but was wondering about first hand opinions.

just a little more info, I currently use a 2014 2nd gen moto g which I got just to get back on android after apple for 2 years , My battery life is just starting to go strange ( have not found out why yet ) but normal use 100% at 7am down to 30 - 50 % at 11pm with 3 ish hours SOT ( a little bit less at the moment but not looked into why yet ) as for the bench marks stuff the main one is phone areana which covers loads of areas about the phones but confirmed some things on other sites ( cant remember what sites).

I'm going to leave this in the g4 forum to see different opinions as well .

thanks for reading this post and I look forward to hopefully being able to make a final choice

tbg

I had an S6 edge for 4 weeks before sending it back mainly because of the battery but also because I didn't like the edge part of the phone. It was very hard to hold it comfortably and the edge was more of a gimmick than it was on the Note edge. I was getting 2.5-3 hours of screen on time.

I have my G4 for nearly a week and I am getting double the screen on time on it over the S6 edge but I have already ordered the returns bag because of the lag and stuttering. I thought it was faulty and the day after I got it I had it replaced but this one is the same.

Can you not return it within the 14 day rule? Here I have 14 days to tell them that I want to return it and then a further 30 days to get it back to them from the day I receive the returns bag.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I had an S6 briefly when it came out. I returned it because of the battery life. I now have a G4 and love it. Battery life is fantastic for me! I haven't killed it in a day yet. I'm averaging 4-5 hours SOT. And hey, if you're on it heavily or have an extra long day, you can always pop in a fresh battery!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
It's not very often I leave stuff on running until I need to use it , unless I'm at home and I leave WiFi on all day , Its just the s6 does sound the best at most things ( mostly ) I just don't want to turn into nut job preoccupied all the time about the battery

Posted via the Android Central App

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting AROUND 10% an hour, battery is horrible on the S6.

I am constantly on Instagram or streaming music.

I had to remove all my games because whenever I'm bored I would play one and even just 5 minutes will knock off 5-10% which is destroying my day because then I need to find a charger or just let it die

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
battery is horrible on the S6

Just to tell you that the above line should read ; battery is horrible on my S6. ;)

On my actual 3 S6's (a S6 Edge, S6, and a S6 active) and 5 other I have set to friends and family, battery life had been great since day 1.

I can't say the same about the LG G4 I tried when it was released, after 8 days I gave up on it battery life was worse than my S6 Edge on same settings and use, and the occasional stutter and lag was the nail in the coffin. After 3 factory reset I realized that nothing was going to change.

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
The battery (life) on the S6 is not great, it's not good, it's mediocre. Some people are getting by with decent SOT but nobody is getting excellent SOT. Samsung dropped the ball on this battery (sans the S6 Active). At least not those who would consider themselves power users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
The battery (life) on the S6 is not great, it's not good, it's mediocre. Some people are getting by with decent SOT but nobody is getting excellent SOT. Samsung dropped the ball on this battery (sans the S6 Active). At least not those who would consider themselves power users.

I consider myself a power user and I get 10-12 hours off the charger with my S6 with 6-7 of those hours being screen on time

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I consider myself a power user and I get 10-12 hours off the charger with my S6 with 6-7 of those hours being screen on time

I've had an s6 on Verizon and T-Mobile and have never come close to approaching that, I find it hard to believe. Can you post some screen shots of your battery stats? Do you have anything turned off that helps achieve this?

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Compared to moto X 2014 2nd gen, my S6 had like 10-15% more battery life, so if you're coming from moto x 2014, you won't see a lot of improvements for battery life.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I've had an s6 on Verizon and T-Mobile and have never come close to approaching that, I find it hard to believe. Can you post some screen shots of your battery stats? Do you have anything turned off that helps achieve this?

Sure. Here's my current battery stats for this charge:

Attachments

• 1437934355643.jpg
    1437934355643.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 1437934368332.jpg
    1437934368332.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 61

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Again, the same over and over, people with bad battery life just saying blank statements like the S6 Battery life is mediocre, why is so hard for you to say, my battery life is mediocre?

Man, that's your problem if you don't believe it, just look for dozens of screenshots I (we) have posted? They are all over the forum. Sorry, but I'm just tired of this, it has been the same for more than 3.5 months now, lot of times proof has been requested and it has been shown to be true all of the time and there are still people doubting it, so be it.

Last edited:

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Again, the same over and over, people with bad battery life just saying blank statements like the S6 Battery life is mediocre, why is so hard for you to say, my battery life is mediocre?

Man, that's your problem if you don't believe it, just look for dozens of screenshot I (we) have posted? They are all over the forum. Sorry, but I'm just tired of this, it has been the same for more than 3.5 months now, lot of times proof has been requested and it has been shown to be true all of the time and all there are people doubting it, so be it.

And if they even attempted half of the steps that you gave for people to follow they would see immediate improvement in their battery life

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
People make it look like we're Samsung haters and don't want good battery.

I've come from a whole lot of different phones. the Xperia Z1c was the best battery I've ever used on a smart phone. Period

I've tried everything. even only running the phone the way it is after a factory reset/delete and still. Followed the tips on how to fix battery and still.

My phone is at 40% brightness, every disable-able app disabled. No email being pulled down (only manually) the most SoT I've ever gotten was 3hours 12 minutes. if I could double that please tell me how.

I'm not an ***** either. I've rooted phones/jailbroke iphones so I know my way in and around these things I'm not a noob

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
People make it look like we're Samsung haters and don't want good battery.

I've come from a whole lot of different phones. the Xperia Z1c was the best battery I've ever used on a smart phone. Period

I've tried everything. even only running the phone the way it is after a factory reset/delete and still. Followed the tips on how to fix battery and still.

My phone is at 40% brightness, every disable-able app disabled. No email being pulled down (only manually) the most SoT I've ever gotten was 3hours 12 minutes. if I could double that please tell me how.

I'm not an ***** either. I've rooted phones/jailbroke iphones so I know my way in and around these things I'm not a noob

What kind of wallpaper and theme do you have? I use Weyo for my theme and a completely dark wallpaper. This makes the settings menus all black instead of white. I also use Carbon instead of twitter cause it also is a black background instead of white

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad