Can I move music from Google Play to Play Music on my Galaxy S6?

A

AC Question

Can I move music from Google Play to Play Music on my Galaxy S6

I purchased a song through Google Play Music and I would like to listen to it using the Play Music app.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can I move music from Google Play to Play Music on my Galaxy S6

Just open the Play Music app and the song should be there....anything bought thru Google Play is automatically attached to your account.

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

user cpaight is right, when you purchase google play music it should go to both you google play music app and the samsung app but if you mean it is music that you put onto your phone from your computer that was like downloaded elsewhere and then saved to your google drive then best bet is to resign into google to update your google drive or try just getting the music from your computer to your phone by plugging it in as usual. make sure you have the samsung driver downloaded by the way

tstig73

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site

I paid for one song via Google Play. The song only downloaded to the Google Play Music playlist. It is not on my Play Music {Samsung} app. Do I need to restart my phone?

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

You have to actually download it in order to show in the Samsung music app. Or you can flag it as available offline in Google Play Music so you can use Google play even when there is no Internet connection

Posted via the Android Central App

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

If you have a laptop or desktop, sign into Google there and open the play music website. Go to the songs you would like to download and you'll see the option. You can download a song twice. Once you download the song to your computer, you can then transfer the song(s) to your phone. Otherwise, you will be streaming them from the play music app.

Benjamin Turnbull

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site

You have to actually download it in order to show in the Samsung music app. Or you can flag it as available offline in Google Play Music so you can use Google play even when there is no Internet connection

Posted via the Android Central App

How do you "actually download it?"

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

Press the 3 dots icon, there should be options to download the song or playlist.

GregKennelly

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site

I am having the same issue. I downloaded from the library, even has a successful tick, but still not available in Google music, or available for ringtones or even in download files. Please assist if you can?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you download music directly with the Play Music app, it's for the Play Music app only, and can't be seen by other music apps. You have to download the album onto your computer from your Play Music library website, then transfer the music files to the phone via USB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21