Love my S6 but not happy with battery or lag.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The things that frustrate me is the battery life and now I have noticed the phone has begun to lag. I have to worry about my battery a lot more, and become some what of a "wall hugger" lol. The TouchWiz lag issues just should not be happening with a phone this powerful imo. Other than that I love it. I know there is some sort of battery update coming. I am on Verizon and seen nothing yet.

InVez

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
The things that frustrate me is the battery life and now I have noticed the phone has begun to lag. I have to worry about my battery a lot more, and become some what of a "wall hugger" lol. The TouchWiz lag issues just should not be happening with a phone this powerful imo. Other than that I love it. I know there is some sort of battery update coming. I am on Verizon and seen nothing yet.

Same problem here with the battery life.
If fully charged after some minutes it drops to 97%.
Lag i have sometimes when i want to open the gallery at the moment i am making pictures and click op the pictures i have taken.

To be Honest the S6 Charges faster than all smartphones i have ever seen.
Camera is also the best.

In my country we have the option to replace the S6 battery 1 time by Samsung.

Posted via the Android Central App

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Zero lag on my S6. Battery life goes quick from 100-80% and then seems to settle back down between 80-20% the 20-0% goes fast again.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
all in all, I have minimal lag. But what still gets me is scrolling in the chrome browser or play store. in Chome, go to androidcentral.com and start scroll. My phone is a laggy mess when doing that. otherwise, with Nova Launcher installed, I see very minimal lag.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Give my thread, All Things GS6 , a read and follow all the battery tips you can.

For the lag issue, boot into recovery, wipe cache. Still lagging, dump TW and try something like Nova Prime.

It's not the phone, but TW its self that is causing the lag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Give my thread, All Things GS6 , a read and follow all the battery tips you can.

For the lag issue, boot into recovery, wipe cache. Still lagging, dump TW and try something like Nova Prime.

It's not the phone, but TW its self that is causing the lag.

It is not relevant to separate the two, unless this is XDA where we like modifying our devices. TouchWiz and the phone are the same thing

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ya I realize it's TouchWiz. I like TouchWiz...minus the lag.
First, try booting into safe mode. Does the lag still exist within TW?

If no, sounds like you have a Rouge app causing problems.

If yes, and if you are willing, I'd suggest to do a factory reset, without restoring any data via google account(setup as new device) and follow the suggestions in the link I posted in my first response for best battery life.

I do understand that having to do a factory reset to try and get a top of the line flagship phone to do it's best seems outlandish but fact of the matter is, it normally fixes the issues the phone is having.

Might I also add, pay attention to see if you experience any lag after you installed an app.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Download a App Called Shutapp. It will close apps that stay in the background.

When I 1st got my S6 the battery seemed to go a little fast.
Took it to the Samsung folks at Best buy. They hooked it up to a computer and made sure it had the newest update.
And changed some settings on it.
These guys are a lot of help

If your screen color is super bright that will use a little more battery too.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
No one is talking about Rooting and flashing roms. Nova Prime is just a 3rd party launcher, same as Apex, Go Launcher, Google Now Launcher, and etc.

I use Nova Prime and have zero lag to my phone. Which I honestly had little to no lag before switching from TW.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I fully agree, first thing I do with all my Samsung devices is remove TouchWiz and replace it with NovaPrime. I have two Samsung tablets and have had two Samsung phones. I have tried TouchWiz several times trying to see if I just did not give it a chance. Recently when my S4 died I used my old HTC Rezound for a few days until I upgraded to a Note 4. I had forgotten how much I liked HTC Sence. Good launcher with some really nice features. TW to me is very clunky, really makes it hard to do much with the phone. I don't see any of the nice widgets and features that you get with a launcher like Sence. I really don't see what TouchWiz brings to the a Samsung phone.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
TW on the s6 has been slimmed down a whole lot, but it's still not the best. I used it for the first month but ended up going with Nova Prime so I can get the most out of a launcher.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
First, try booting into safe mode. Does the lag still exist within TW?

If no, sounds like you have a Rouge app causing problems.

If yes, and if you are willing, I'd suggest to do a factory reset, without restoring any data via google account(setup as new device) and follow the suggestions in the link I posted in my first response for best battery life.

I do understand that having to do a factory reset to try and get a top of the line flagship phone to do it's best seems outlandish but fact of the matter is, it normally fixes the issues the phone is having.

Might I also add, pay attention to see if you experience any lag after you installed an app.

Actually I just did this. Helped a little. But I had done this before too, and it worked ok for a while.

Wai Kong Pang

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I had another update after Lollipop, this one seems resolve the lag problem.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-01-02-45-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-01-02-45-47.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 139

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo