Jeans front pocket feel and dust?

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I currently have an old Moto RazrM. It has become pretty slow and outdated from a specs perspective, but I love its small size. I can't find any current phones on Verizon that have decent specs yet are still as small as this Razr M. I do like the S6's specs, but I'm a bit apprehensive of its dimensions. I typically carry my phone in the front pocket of my jeans without any protective case. Do any of you do that with your S6? How is it working out for you? Does it prevent you from sitting down comfortably? Does it cause any bending issues? Does it look weird when standing up?

The second question is about dust. Since the S6 is not water/dust resistant, do you find that dust gets under its screen when carrying it in your pockets without a case? My old Moto Droid2 had massive amounts of dust under the screen only after a few months of ownership, hence my concern.

Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an old Moto RazrM. It has become pretty slow and outdated from a specs perspective, but I love its small size. I can't find any current phones on Verizon that have decent specs yet are still as small as this Razr M. I do like the S6's specs, but I'm a bit apprehensive of its dimensions. I typically carry my phone in the front pocket of my jeans without any protective case. Do any of you do that with your S6? How is it working out for you? Does it prevent you from sitting down comfortably? Does it cause any bending issues? Does it look weird when standing up?

The second question is about dust. Since the S6 is not water/dust resistant, do you find that dust gets under its screen when carrying it in your pockets without a case? My old Moto Droid2 had massive amounts of dust under the screen only after a few months of ownership, hence my concern.

Thanks!
I think the phone in jeans questions is very subjective. Depending on what type of jeans you where (loose, baggy, skinny) and the type of person, knowing how the phone fits and feels to someone will be different to you. I would suggest visiting your local retailer and see if they'll let you use the phone. Most retailers have the phone tied down...but if you ask politely, perhaps they'll let you use a free device.

As for the dust question, I don't think you'll have a problem with that. Most phones now a-days are well built. That's not to say that the phones then weren't, but OEMs have learned a lot over the years and I don't suspect you'll have a problem with dust settling under the screen.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any issues with the phone sitting in my jeans pocket - the phone is light and slim enough that it sits in there comfortably. Same goes for the dust comment - I haven't noticed any dust under my screen and I have really dusty pockets :)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine is in a Defender case and I carry it in my front pocket. Again, it depends upon the person and the pocket.

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Mine is in a Defender case and I carry it in my front pocket. Again, it depends upon the person and the pocket.

Have you tried the commuter also? if so does the texture change much? I have the commuter, but was considering the defender. I feel as if the commuter is quite slippery sometimes.

pqtme5

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I carry mine in my front pocket and it feels very comfortable, sometimes I forget that it's even there! The opposite is true with my previous S4. Lighter and thinner makes a noticeable difference in the pocket. :)

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I carry my gs6 edge in my back pocket just fine . In my opinion that's the safest place fir your phone . With the screen facing your **** and it's a lot more comfortable

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith