Battery draining faster than normal

RedBarchetta

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm used to the fast battery drain on this phone, but today it started acting up. I charged it at work to 100%, I took it off the charger and immediately it dropped to 99%, 15-20 seconds later, 98%, a few seconds later, 97%. It's slowed down a little, but it's been 8 minutes and I'm at 92%. Nothing major running in the background, brightness is around 40%. I can't figure this out. I did a soft restart, still rapidly draining. Thoughts?

RedBarchetta

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Fluctuations in Wi-fi/Mobile data signal/connection ?

I'm not sure, connected to WiFi at work, and the data signal had always been fairly strong here. I'm not sure how I would find out. It seems to have stabilized, but I took it off the charger a little over an hour ago and I'm at 82%, very light Facebook, that's it

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Battery is down 19% but only 7% is shown in the screenshot.
Can you tap on that graph to access other info ?

Edit....Did you Refresh before taking the screenshot ?

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Did you tap on Refresh before taking the screenshot ?
What is the operating system on that phone........?
I tried getting some info from Samsung Support but I didn't have enough info.....maybe you'd have better luck ?

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm on 5.0.2....tho' a Moto.....tapping on the graph produces signal info. Seems like there's something up there...like the battery app itself may not be responding properly.
Have you installed any apps at or about the time the problem manifested itself?
Have you got Samsung KNOX installed ?
It might be best to boot up in Safe Mode: see if you can find any irregularities.

RedBarchetta

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
No KNOX, I did install a Samsung app last night, stores reward cards. I deleted it, don't really need it. Other than that, I really don't know

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I don't know much about it (KNOX) at all......apparently it helps separate work related apps etc., from your personal.....isolates from each other. Havn't got a clue as to how that might affect some functions ! Maybe it's caused some kind of conflict . If it was a stock install.......anybody in work experiencing similar issues ?
Sorry I can't be of more help......

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
It seems to be some sign of possible conflict.....as long as you're up and running tho'.....might be worth seeing if you get the same reaction at home.
So you havn't done any settings in KNOX ? Might be worth looking at what they are if you can......regards......