How can I stop self moving icons?

Martain Ferguson

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Self moving Icons

I have the S6, and am using the Google Launcher. I've been having an issue with my icons not staying put. Everything will be in place when I put my phone down, on the charger, or in the holster, and when I pick the phone up or pull it out of it's holster I'll find that some of the icons and/or folders are now on a completely different screen. Sometimes they are two or more screens over. When I go to move the icons myself, I know I have to really move them close to the edge of the screen in order for the next screen over to open up, so I don't believe it's a sensitivity issue with the touch screen.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. This has been going on for months.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Self moving Icons

Are you sure the icons are moving, or is the phone moving to a different screen? (A tap on the Home key will send you to the default screen, which may not be the one you want as the default. Change it.)

Martain Ferguson

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

No, it's definitely the apps. For example, on my home screen I have a calendar widget, icons for my weather app, alarm clock, and a pool app for work (balancing chemicals, recording tests etc...), and a folder of email accounts. Earlier yesterday afternoon the calendar widget was missing from the home screen and was one screen over. That morning the alarm clock icon was three screens over, by itself, on a screen that wasn't there prior to that.

Martain Ferguson

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

So a few days ago I decided to switch from the Google Now launcher to the Samsung TouchWiz. Since then I have not had any issues. Not sure what it was about Google Now that was causing things to move around, but It appears the switch has fixed the problem.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

So a few days ago I decided to switch from the Google Now launcher to the Samsung TouchWiz. Since then I have not had any issues. Not sure what it was about Google Now that was causing things to move around, but It appears the switch has fixed the problem.

Another option if you want to try a third party launcher is Nova Prime which lets you lock your homescreens. To unlock, lock press the lock icon.

Posted via the Android Central App

Andyrod

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site

I have the S6, and am using the Google Launcher. I've been having an issue with my icons not staying put. Everything will be in place when I put my phone down, on the charger, or in the holster, and when I pick the phone up or pull it out of it's holster I'll find that some of the icons and/or folders are now on a completely different screen. Sometimes they are two or more screens over. When I go to move the icons myself, I know I have to really move them close to the edge of the screen in order for the next screen over to open up, so I don't believe it's a sensitivity issue with the touch screen.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. This has been going on for months.

It is truly annoying. I have been suffering through this for a while. As if the apps are trying to settle on a jelly there is just no permanent place for them. In fact apps keep turning on at will. Can not fathom how come google can not solve such a small thing that has been grieving the community for more than 3 years.