My Samsung S6 won't import the contacts with my handsfree Bluetooth in the car, why?

A

AC Question

My samsung s6 won't import the contacts with my handsfree bluetooth in the car

The bluetooth handsfree connects and pairs with my samsung s6 however it won't import the contacts, it keeps saying no contacts found but they are all on the device. The car dealer says it's an issue with the samsung security so I went to where I got the phone from and they can't see an issue and say it's an issue with the handsfree!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My samsung s6 won't import the contacts with my handsfree bluetooth in the car

Bluetooth specifies a method of getting data from one place to another, it doesn't specify what format the data should be in. There are still dozens of car/phone combinations that don't work, and it's going to take a while to straighten that out by the industry. (At one time you couldn't text a picture to a phone on a different carrier. That took almost a year to straighten out, and that was within a single industry. They've been working on Bluetooth compatibility for a few years now.)

Bluetooth is like a pipe. Pairing just means that the threads on the two pipes (phone and car) are the same. Connecting means they're screwed together. Importing requires that the car has to be sending the format that the phone expects, and that's the problem area - everyone uses a different format.

The easiest way to get your husband's contacts into your phone is to export his to an SD card, then import them from the SD card to your contacts. (You can use a computer as an intermediary if you don't want to physically move cards - copy the saved file from his phone's card to a computer, copy the file from the computer to your phone's card.) You may end up with duplicates - go to Google Contacts to clean that up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante