Why does my Samsung Galaxy S6 battery life drain over night?

A

AC Question

samsung galaxy s6 all battery life drains over night?

so i had this problem for a while now i wake to unlock my phone and has no power
last night i had over 40% of battery life anyone now what can be the problem?

also i factory reset my phone i had 33% that night and woke up it was still the same so it fixed it for one night

lvplguy

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy s6 all battery life drains over night?

Same problems here. I've had my t-mobile S6 for 1 week, this is my 2nd one!! I thought I had a lemon the first time so I exchanged it for another. Coming from an S5 the battery life on this S6 has been terrible, everything else on the phone I love, but the anxiety I feel as I watch my battery drop over 10% per hour in standby is ridiculous, if I use the phone it drops 15%+ per hour. I've done a factory reset 3 times. This last time I didn't even install any apps or turn on wifi, I went through and disabled all the bloatware, voLTE, and all the other suggestions everyone claims can fix the issue. Even with no apps, no location, no sync, no wifi, no google account, it still drains 10% per hour in standby.

Not sure what else I should do, if I can't figure it out I guess I'll go back to my S5 which would last me easily from 8 am to 10pm. I'm not a heavy user at all, 1-2 hour SOT is probably all I need plus 10-12 hours standby. Never been an issue with any of my Android phones dating back to the G1.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Curious, but have you tried charging overnight? That way you'd start the day at 100%. Maybe make a diff in performance, won't hurt anything trying.

DroidN3WB

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

I charge my S6 to 100% every night and usually end my +10 hour day with 20-30%. I don't own a home phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa