S6 fell in water

Ray3613

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone's s6 fell in water yet? How did it go? How's it after it got repaired?

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've read mixed stories. Some didn't survive.. Some were lucky. Just depends on a few factors.

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine was in the water for about 10 secs, completely toasted. Samsung repair wouldn't touch it, brought it to a local repair shop, they tried for 2 weeks, couldn't fix it (fortunately didn't charge me anything).

One odd thing was if I plugged the phone into the charger, held the down volume + power button the phone WOULD boot, everything works looks good, but as soon as I disconnect the charger the phone dies, it really passed me off (at myself),

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine just hit the toilet today...less than 1/2 second. Screen is entirely black with no touch response. I have been able to use smart switch and backup everything. I'm pissed at myself. Always kept the case on, bought a glass screen protector....and this happens. First phone Ive ever had go into water.Seemed like it was going to make it about 5 hours after, the screen still worked and touch as well. Then it just stopped. I can see the leds working ... but im afraid this thing is done. I only had 4 payments paid on my edge plan with no insurance...Im F'd!!! No idea what im going to do.... taking it to repair shop first thing in the morning

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine just hit the toilet today...less than 1/2 second. Screen is entirely black with no touch response. I have been able to use smart switch and backup everything. I'm pissed at myself. Always kept the case on, bought a glass screen protector....and this happens. First phone Ive ever had go into water.Seemed like it was going to make it about 5 hours after, the screen still worked and touch as well. Then it just stopped. I can see the leds working ... but im afraid this thing is done. I only had 4 payments paid on my edge plan with no insurance...Im F'd!!! No idea what im going to do.... taking it to repair shop first thing in the morning

Looks like you be buying a moto g huh? :)

Von Spradlin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

I had an S6 take a dip in the pool about 2 months ago. After doing the rice thing for 24 hours, I got nothing but led, vibration and sounds. Completely black screen. After 7 days of not touching it and letting it just sit on my desk mocking me I decided to give it another go. Well to my surprise it powered up like new, working screen and all.

My step son has been using it every day since. The only thing that isn't working is no S-View case will work with the water damaged phone for some reason.

Good luck with yours. Dont give up on your phone just yet. It may work eventually. Just give it some drying out time.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I just took it down to a shop. They replaced an OEM GOLD screen for $180. Works perfectly.

What did mine in I think, when I did the alcohol bath, I didn't take out the sim card tray. The fumes had no where to go.. and pretty much burned the screen from the inside. When I remembered, it was too late. I took out the sim card tray and it really smelled of alcohol.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, the results would be the same like any other phone.

Maybe some exceptions would be the XPERIA Z series. I would consider the GS5 to be protected, but it's water-resistant, not water-proof.

That said, have a container with silica-gel packets if your phone does go for a swim.

LOLWOWJason

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I have a iphone 5s before, and it fall to water when i am bathing...
Then i put it on the sun and open the cover take off battery and use the hair dryer to blow my phone...3 days later it works like before

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a iphone 5s before, and it fall to water when i am bathing...
Then i put it on the sun and open the cover take off battery and use the hair dryer to blow my phone...3 days later it works like before

I honestly wouldn't recommend doing that to your phone as there is a possibility that the heat could cause more damage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12