Is it dangerous for my Samsung Galaxy S6 to charge overnight?

A

AC Question

hi is it dangerous for my Samsung Galaxy s6 charge overnight?

okay I have an samsung s6 but I always wondered if it's dangerous to charge overnight even though the battery can't be replaced

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: hi is it dangerous for my Samsung Galaxy s6 charge overnight?

Hello. Nope.
It regulates itself and takes a charge when it wants it, basically. It might have dropped to 98% or so again when you unplug it.
I don't think it has any significant impact on the total battery charge cycles.
It's worth noting that charging a battery from 50% is healthy for the battery as it's easier (less resistance, higher input rate) and cooler to charge at that point than 1-15% or above 95% where it slows down. 50% to 100% counts as a half cycle (batteries have a mean total battery life of so many cycles) so does not reduce its lifespan. Not many of us can stick to that regimen though.

I actually flunked battery school, but I think I regurgitated some of that correctly from what I picked up.:p

See this:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ng-lithium-polymer-batteries.html#post4500849

MOE oliver

May 22, 2016
Visit site

okay I have an samsung s6 but I always wondered if it's dangerous to charge overnight even though the battery can't be replaced

We have the same problem the phone is getting extremely hot 104 degrees.
This is during normal use and charging we notified our carrier but they just ignored it.
When we have an explosion or a fire in the house maybe they will look into it.

But it will be too late as the lawsuit will pile up as they ignore the problem. $$$$$$$

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

I use a Spigen wireless charger overnight so my S6 is not plugged in and not fast charging. I use the fast charge Samsung cable for a quick pick-me-up during the day if I need to. This way I'm not fast charging all the time, even though I don't think it hurts the battery since it's designed for that. I just like my convenient wireless charger at night.

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

i would avoid leaving it on charge for longer than needed. i personally disconnect the charger before it is fully charged rather than leaving it on too much

kroalnumber2

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site

I disconnect my charger at 100%, I don't like to risk overcharging on ANY of my devices

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol