Parallax 3D effect on lollipop 5.1.1 not working anymore

Da Sko

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I did contact Samsung about a new bug in lollipop 5.1.1. This is not solved yet so I want to post it here.

I'm using a samsung S6 and the device is upgraded to lollipop 5.1.1 now. I'm very content about this new device so great work guys but there is one little issue here.

The parallax effect on the desktop isn't working anymore; normally the icons on the desktop are moving in 3D effect but since the upgrade this is turned off. You can try to turn it on but even that doesn't make sense.

I did contact samsung about it and they said that this must be a lollipop issue. Please contact me for further information if you need more info.

I really hope android will update the lollipop 5.1.1 to solve this problem. Even after a factory reset the problem will not be gone but show up again after a while.

Please let me know if there will be a fix for this. The samsung S6 3D effect is awesome but it's so sad it's not working anymore. Samsung wrote me a mail about the people with the same issues.

Regards,
David

fairouz jammal

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
i've tried this new option about the parallax effect but it doesn't work
this new update is so stupid actually
if you know any other solution plz tell me

Da Sko

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your reply but this is not the solution. The parallax effect in lollipop 5.1.1 is gone. Even if you turn it on and off it doesn't make sense. It won't work. There is a bug in lollipop 5.1.1 which makes it disappear. The only solution is a new update. Maybe the new Android Marshmallow will have a solution again. I really hope so.

Posted via the Android Central App

Da Sko

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Samsung did respond actually. They've sent me a mail after I asked my questions there. They told me they can't do anything because this is not their issue here. It is android itself. They reported this bug to Android. Hopefully they will fix it.

Da Sko

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
There is no other solution atm. It could have something to do with a third party keyboard software if you're using one, something like SwiftKey. I tried to turn it off and the parallax effect came back after a restart but I noticed that the effects were not right. For now we have to wait and get used to the normal non 3D icons on our desktop. The case is reported to Android.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine was off after the Verizon 5.1.1 update. I just turned it on and it works. I'm not using a 3rd party launcher either, just stock TouchWiz. Not sure if another launcher would have anything to do with it. Just saying it's working fine for me after the update. I also wiped the cache and did a factory reset after the update though.

Marius Vlaicu1

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Hy there! It seems that uk version doesn;t have this problem acording to xda forums
The problem is if we can flash Uk Btu version 5.1.1 if we allready have 5.1.1 but diffrent version (Unbranded Gerrmany version...)????

Da Sko

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello

This is correct. It depends if you're using the American version or European version of lollipop. The European version might stuck there.

Some phones will work, others not.
Seems everyone here is lucky :)

David

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Never noticed this until this thread. After update to 5.1.1, mine was turned off. Went to display / wallpaper and turned it on. It is working again on verizon s6

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Da Sko

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello again,

There is another way to get back the parallax 3D effect.
Go to your google store and search for "3D parallax background."

After you install this app, you must search in the settings and activate parallax. There is also a way to set the way how fast icons can move over your screen.

It works now here on my phone. You can choose a background from the app itself, or you can select your own background wallpaper.

Good luck. It works great now!

David