Cooldrewf

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm almost certain I'm getting a GS6 but still my main concern is battery life. Also if I have this phone for 2 years the battery would get even worse . So I wanted to know how your SOT or screen on time is, whenever I serched it up it said around 4 and a half hours but I wanted to know how your experience has been with the GS6. And right now I have the Lg G3 so wouldn't the battery life at least be the same?

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I can't speak for the LG G3's battery - but I've had the S6 for 4 months now. The battery is good, not great, but good. I have yet to kill the battery in a days use. I average between 3 to 3.5 SOT a day.

I have my brightness at about 50%, I don't turn off any location settings or Google Sync settings so I haven't really tweaked the phone for better results. I take my phone off my wireless charger at 7am, come 11:30pm (bedtime) I have between 30 - 40% left of charge.

With Android M coming no doubt the start of 2016 and the introduction of Android Doze it would only have a positive impact on the battery imo.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My phone drains about 2%/hr on wifi, 3%/hr on good 4G. SOT or calls drain another 10%/hr on top of that. So let's say I'm on wifi for 16hrs during which I use 4hrs of screen time, that'll drain 72% of the battery (16*2 + 4*10).

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
3.5 - 4hrs SOT

You should also check out the S6 Active, it's not as pretty as the S6 but it has a bigger battery.

dreaming of electric sheep

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting 4-5 hours of SOT. Not the best imo.

What non phablet sized phone gets better than that? S6 is very comparable in battery life to the M9 and iphone 6, which are the main high end competitors at that physical size.

OriginalMrC

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Between 4-5 hours SOT on an average day but have got up to 7 hrs on a really good day. Many of the people who mention battery issues either have unrealistic expections, faulty phone or carrier specific issues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair