jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone use Hangouts as their default messaging aop..... Why or why not??? Thank you!

Posted via the Android Central App

I use Hangouts and Messaging separately. It's been a while since I've used Hangouts for SMS, but in the past Hangouts didn't handle group SMS / MMS messaging very well. So I use them separately. It might be better now, but I can't say for sure without trying it again.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I just switched back to Hangouts after the new update. Group messages work better now but the app itself still lags at times. The stock messaging app and even Google messenger is still a lot faster

Janet OSully

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a lot of trouble with sending group texts via verizon messages ... Mostly when i need them to go to iphone users. I am at a loss. Sometimes they go... Other times they don't... Soetimes only a couple in the group will receive them... Other times i get a phone call from iphone friends asking me why i am not replying in the group text... Frustrating!!

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a lot of trouble with sending group texts via verizon messages ... Mostly when i need them to go to iphone users. I am at a loss. Sometimes they go... Other times they don't... Soetimes only a couple in the group will receive them... Other times i get a phone call from iphone friends asking me why i am not replying in the group text... Frustrating!!

Did you just come from an iPhone? Did you follow these steps?
https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

I myself came from an iPhone 6 and did everything I was supposed to do to deregister my number from iMessage (including turning it off on both of my Macs) but my number is still trapped in iMessage purgatory, but only on group messages involving all iPhones. Single messages to/from iPhone users work fine, but I'm still stuck with our group messages getting turned back into iMessage because Apple still thinks my number is associated with iMessage (even though their website says it's not) :(

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I switched to Hangouts because when I used the default Messages, I had trouble texting to/from the iPhones in my family. They didn't see my emojis and I didn't always receive their pictures/attachments. Hopefully some of that has been fixed.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I switched to Hangouts because when I used the default Messages, I had trouble texting to/from the iPhones in my family. They didn't see my emojis and I didn't always receive their pictures/attachments. Hopefully some of that has been fixed.
Did you change the input mode to auto on the stock messenger?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I used to use hangouts for messaging a very long time ago but I have switched back to the stock sms app now I really like the orange color of the stock app, that is the main reason I'm using it.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I used to use hangouts for messaging a very long time ago but I have switched back to the stock sms app now I really like the orange color of the stock app, that is the main reason I'm using it.

LOL! I like the stock sms app but can't stand the orange color. Fortunately I found a theme that gives it a more neutral color.

@Janet OSully: Settings > More Settings > Text Messages

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol