Galaxy S6 Battery Life Thread

hybucket

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android System draining battery.

And, apparently, there's nothing we can do about it, and all the talk about doing this or doing that is useless. Guess we'll just have to wait for the next Android update, and who knows what THAT will do.

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Saw an article yesterday that Marshmallow is coming to the S6 in January. Note 5 next month.

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: How is battery life after latest updates and over time

Gotten worse for me since 5.1.1 update. Need to make sure I always have a charger with me.

hoofbeats95

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site

Will that help battery life? I have to decide soon if we are staying with Sprint. IF so are we keeping the S6 or going to try the note 5. Or should we leave for Verizon and better battery phones :( And I just discovered I can't talk and do data at the same time on the S6. I could on the S4. What kind of upgrade is the S6 exactly? Cause right now I can't tell what I'm gaining.

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do I last longer on battery on my AT&T Galaxy S6?

Ditto. This sucks. Unless people get the Note 5 or maybe the Droid Turbo 2 on Verizon, there really is no Android phone with good battery life.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do I last longer on battery on my AT&T Galaxy S6?

My battery life on my Galaxy S6 is horrible! I would only last like 5 or 3 hours screen on time. But my battery drains fast. Is there any way I can make my phone last longer without worrying that my phone will die during the day? I love my phone, it's just the battery life that kills me. If you have any tips or suggestions please comment it will really help!

Why start a new thread when there are hundreds already? There has probably never been any phone that someone has not vilified for poor battery life, many unfairly. There are dozens of possible reasons for a phone not living up to your battery life expectations, but I suspect the leading ones are; unreasonable expectations, the apps you've installed, unwise settings, and signal. Lesser possibilities (but not unheard of) are hardware problems, Android issues, and carrier mods. A stock phone out of the box and used in a high signal area would probably last quite a long time. But it's the hoomins that typically mess them up. But what are you gonna do? You need to use it. See the many battery life improvement threads.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

My battery's gotten a lot better since 5.1.1 actually. Still not as good as my old note 3 but it's manageable

Posted via the Android Central App

isaiah orot

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Mines got worst with the 5.1.1 I'm on at&t. Before I use to get 4-5hrs sot now I'm getting 3 -3 1/2 hrs. But I still can manage with that sot. I can charge my phone at work and I also have a car charger

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Terrible battery life after 5.1.1, Currently its 11:50am. My phone has been off charge since 07:00am and I'm at 47% battery.

Seriously considering an exchange of some kind, Samsung/Three UK had better be ready!

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

The 5.1.1 update didn't effect my battery life much, but in general WiFi is a big battery killer.

dreaming of electric sheep

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Is your battery STUPID bad? (under 2:30 SoT?) GET A NEW ONE!

Hello, I've been using the Galaxy S6 since launch and it is an AMAZING phone, BUT there's one major problem i (USE) to have and that was battery.

Now I know what you're thinking, did you try the battery tips and tricks? YES! yes I have.

Things I've tried--------------------------------------------------

Disabling EVERY disable-able app
Running dark theme on the system/apps
Turning off Location/GPS
Battery Saving mode at 50%
Black wallpaper
Clearing Cache
Running Stock (literally not 1 app installed from the play store)
(im sure I did more, if I remember i will update)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So what gives? why do some people get a lot more scre on time than me or you?

Well, it could be the phone is defected... why do I say this? I sold mine on eBay after samsung lost mine at the service center (front camera had purple dots) and I needed a phone ASAP so I got a new one from ebay for $420.00 on sale

Ever since I got this phone I wasn't expecting a battery increase at all... I never changed habbits, I installed all the apps I use and more ontop and guess what? battery life is AMAZINGLY BETTER!

Before I was only getting 2:30 - 2:40 of SoT and now i'm getting 3:30 but guess what? I'm still using GPS (Wifi and Satellite mode) and running a colorful theme with Alternate SMS apps. instagraming all day and more. And when I did a test and disabled location I got 4:30 of SoT

Now there could be a lot of different factors on why this is happening. I THOUGHT it was cause I was using a Verizon branded phone with T-Mobile sim card (when the phone came out I was impatient and bought it from bestbuy cause I heard verizon phones are unlocked instead of waiting for a phone to ship I was already without a phone for 2 months that time my xperia z1c died)

But i've met and read a lot of people with the same problems as me with their carriers version of the phone too so I doubt it was just me.

I don't have any screenshots from the old phone, but if you click my username I think you can see my posts of me talking about the awful battery.

I take my phone off the charger at 11am and use it thru out the day till 11pm/12pm with the brightness on 50% and screen mode set to AMOLED CINEMA (default is "ADAPTIVE DISPLAY") I usually make a little over an hour on phone calls, Instagram the whole day, YouTube about an hour, play games send text and do a whole lot of downloading themes and stuff like that

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-03-21-04-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-03-21-04-30.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 84

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is your battery STUPID bad? (under 2:30 SoT?) GET A NEW ONE!

One thing to remember - if you try to squeeze the last ma out of the battery, you can kill it in a few months. If you charge it when it's down to 40%-50%, it should last for years. Lithium batteries don't last long when they're deep-discharged. If you have it set for battery saving at 50%, you're probably using it down to 20% or less. That's bad. Once you hit 50%, watch the battery. When it hits around 40%, charge it. (If you need more than that, carry a power bank. Don't let it get down below 40% either.)

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Is your battery STUPID bad? (under 2:30 SoT?) GET A NEW ONE!

I usually charge it at around 40-50% because I get back home at around 6/7pm depending on how much work I have to do so that's not a problem. Very rarely I leave early and don't come home till late

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Seven hours battery life with 3 hours SOT. This in Manhattan, NY with good signal strength. Mostly web browsing, and about 45 min of video streaming. I thought it would be better than this, maybe at least 8-9 hours. I don't have Facebook app so there's no drain.

Any ideas on how to improve battery life? Thanks!

The panda has spoken

Attachments

• 10051.jpg
    10051.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 75
Nov 25, 2015
Visit site

Package Disabler pro, disable what you don't use, there's some good xmls you can import from the xda forums. Also, use a black theme.