Fallout Shelter

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Anyone here playing the game Fallout Shelter? I've noticed that on my S6, if I am playing and then switch to another app like Hangouts, when I switch back to the game it has reload the game again and I have to select my Vault etc. It's like a 30 second process each time I switch out of the game.

However, on my Nexus 5, I can switch to various different apps, and switch back and forth to Fallout Shelter as much as I want and my game remains open.

Anyone else seeing this issue, and have a fix?

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's probably the way the device is handling apps. I'm not sure how you can resolve that. If you are in a battery saving mode consider changing that saving and see if that helps.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm suspecting that the aggressive memory management of the S6 may be the culprit. It also runs extremely laggy when pressing the Home button while in-game. And it continues to be laggy for about half a minute, sometimes taking 10-15 seconds just to redraw the home page. This is probably why the game is removed from memory.

However, I find it odd that my year and half old Nexus 5 can swap in and out of the game, run chrome and contacts etc, and still run the game in the background with no lag. It even performs this way in Power Saving Mode.

That's got me thinking that it may be that the game is having some conflicts with the S6 specifically. Maybe the Exynos processor or something. Hoping for a patch...

Rizotto

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I have a similar problem, but I think it's the game is not optimized and still has a lot of bugs on Android. It was released on iOS first and I think they didn't originally have plans to release it on Android, but due to demand they rushed it into market. It think the port is a big buggy, I get slowish load times switching between each vault and it sometimes lags, but still a fun game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38