Music mutes when a notification comes in? How to disable

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I never had this problem with my past Nexus phones so I'd think it's a Samsung thing. But when playing music, it will mute for a good 2 seconds or so and then resume after the notification.

This is annoying but becomes even more annoying when you are in a back and forth text exchange, or in a group text. Then the music will mute and you'll hear a loud notification constantly..

How do I disable this "feature". I don't completely recall how it was on my Nexus 5 because it was implemented so perfectly that I didn't even have to think about it and never had a problem.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if you can disable it. It happens to me too and I hate it. Also, Samsung, please remove the media volume notification "music is too loud will hurt you ears"... I listen to my phone via bluetooth in my car, sick of that warning.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if you can disable it. It happens to me too and I hate it. Also, Samsung, please remove the media volume notification "music is too loud will hurt you ears"... I listen to my phone via bluetooth in my car, sick of that warning.

Ohh man I hate that **** too. It wouldn't bother me as much because after you press Ok, you won't see the message again (till you restart your phone) but unfortunately I have to restart the phone every couple of days otherwise it will start to get bogged down.. I miss you Nexus 5...

If the Moto X 2015 wasn't a massive ******* 5.7" phone, it would be perfect for me. (I might still get though) I do have a feeling that Google has been listening and LG will release the Nexus 5 2015 that we've all been waiting for!

Going to say bye felica to my S6. (Also because I bought it from Cricket Wireless so I am almost gauranteed to stay on 5.0.2 till forever...)

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Ohh man I hate that **** too. It wouldn't bother me as much because after you press Ok, you won't see the message again (till you restart your phone) but unfortunately I have to restart the phone every couple of days otherwise it will start to get bogged down.. I miss you Nexus 5...

If the Moto X 2015 wasn't a massive ******* 5.7" phone, it would be perfect for me. (I might still get though) I do have a feeling that Google has been listening and LG will release the Nexus 5 2015 that we've all been waiting for!

Going to say bye felica to my S6. (Also because I bought it from Cricket Wireless so I am almost gauranteed to stay on 5.0.2 till forever...)

yeah, I reboot every morning when I take it off the charger. And the volume profile app I use, I have my media volume auto set to about 75% when the phone boots, so when the phone connects to my bluetooth in my car, I get that audio volume warning.

I'm going to get the 2015 Moto X Pure Edition. It might be too big, but at least with the curved back, it'll be easier to hold :) Plus updates straight from Moto instead of Verizon!

Motorola Moto X Style vs Samsung Galaxy S6 - Visual phone size compare

EDIT: I guess it's going to be similar in size to the Note 5. I'll also be interested in the new Nexus 5 this fall, hopefully it'll have CDMA like the Nexus 6 and Moto X Style/Pure
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...S6,Samsung-Galaxy-Note5/phones/9553,8997,9462