Trash can icon to delete photos is GONE

TeeAnn

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I updated to Verizon's 5.1.1 last week and I'm not sure if that is when it disappeared, but I currently have no way to delete a photo. All I have are Favorite, Share and Edit. And if in the gallery I press and hold to select photos by check marking them, the only option there is to Share. Ideas please. I want to love this phone but it is one thing after another. Barely a step up from my S3 at this point.

TeeAnn

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I was reminded in another thread that you should clear the cache partition after updating. Realized I had not done that so I did it. Still no icon. Holding out hope that someone here will have some insight. Otherwise, I'll subject myself to calling Samsung which they will surely have me factory reset it. Trying not to do that. Anybody?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
What photo app are you using? The stock gallery app? Photos? If it's a third party app, try deleting it and reinstalling it. Otherwise I'd force stop the built-in app, disable it, clear the cache right within the app and then reverse the process and enable it and install any waiting updates.

TeeAnn

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
It is just the stock Gallery which can't be disabled that I see. I did just discover that if I open the camera, click the last picture I took and flip through them that way, the trash can is there. Why oh why?

monicajoys

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
When I hold down on a picture in my gallery, it brings up the option to check multiple pictues, then the delete button comes up.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 10852.jpg
    10852.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 47

Mandyyo22

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I was reminded in another thread that you should clear the cache partition after updating. Realized I had not done that so I did it. Still no icon. Holding out hope that someone here will have some insight. Otherwise, I'll subject myself to calling Samsung which they will surely have me factory reset it. Trying not to do that. Anybody?

TeeAnn

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Very ironic that this came up again. I was just in the Verizon store yesterday and they could not figure it out and had never seen such a thing. They ended up getting Samsung level 2 technician on the phone who remoted into my phone. He did something and fixed it and then our call dropped so I have no idea what he did. It is bizarre and no one in the store has ever heard of such a thing. sorry this isn't more help.

leeroyy

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Very ironic that this came up again. I was just in the Verizon store yesterday and they could not figure it out and had never seen such a thing. They ended up getting Samsung level 2 technician on the phone who remoted into my phone. He did something and fixed it and then our call dropped so I have no idea what he did. It is bizarre and no one in the store has ever heard of such a thing. sorry this isn't more help.
I notice the same thing this morning. Every once in a while I make sure my photos are stored to Google, then clean them out. Also noticed it is tagging an album saying people with just our faces. Same photos just our faces. I don't need that either. If I want to crop I'll crop. No point in another album in gallery. BTW I am on AT&T. If anyone figures this out please post.

jodie627

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
I know this is an older post but I ran into the same problem with there not being a trash can for multiple pictures on my Samsung Galaxy SIII. After reading what you have written here, I decided to try going through the phone settings, storage, Clicked on Photos/Videos and wala, it gives me a trash can and I can now delete multiple photos. It still will not give me this option by just going through the gallery as all of my other phones do but this is better than nothing. Hope it helps someone in the future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn