Can I use my S4 car charger with my S6?

scanese

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Is it recommended to only use the fast charger with the S6? I still don't own a car fast charger, I only have this ECA-P10XBE original Samsung charger (5V 2.0A). Can I use it with my phone without damaging the battery?

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Is it recommended to only use the fast charger with the S6? I still don't own a car fast charger, I only have this ECA-P10XBE original Samsung charger (5V 2.0A). Can I use it with my phone without damaging the battery?

Any USB charger will provide the correct voltage, though current (mah) ratings vary and lower rated chargers will take longer to charge. I advise staying away from rapid charging - I haven't used mine. I use wireless (Qi) charging exclusively, which is limited to 1,000mah. The newest Qi chargers are higher mah, though not sure they are actually shipping yet. Rapid charging creates excessive heat, which in some cases has cooked batteries and phones - based on forum postings. Also if you have the S6 Edge, there is apparently an issue where the accelerometer chip gets cooked by rapid charging, and fails.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

It should not be an issue. I still use the OEM car charger from my GS4.

Ryan Wallace

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
You can use the S4 just fine, but to clear up any misinformation, the OEM fast charger does not cause damage to the battery or phone. I've been using it since I got my S6 back in April with no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
You can use the S4 just fine, but to clear up any misinformation, the OEM fast charger does not cause damage to the battery or phone. I've been using it since I got my S6 back in April with no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Same here, on both counts. I use the car charger I bought for my galaxy nexus to charge my S6. I have also used the rapid charger since day one with no problems. I think most of the problems with the rapid charger were exclusive to the edge model. It would overheat and cause a problem with the gyroscope.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1