How can I get notification badge for google messenger?!

MiikeyV

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I use google messenger for my messaging app...

When I have a new message, The notification only shows in the notification bar on top of the screen... How can I get the little red notification badge on the actual app icon?

I don't want to download another launcher, just maybe a notification app that will give me what I need...

Any help?

howie

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Wish I had an answer for you. I just tried Google now launcher and that doesn't put badge updates on the app icon either.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I use google messenger for my messaging app...

When I have a new message, The notification only shows in the notification bar on top of the screen... How can I get the little red notification badge on the actual app icon?

I don't want to download another launcher, just maybe a notification app that will give me what I need...

Any help?

I asked this same question years ago about the Gmail App. The answer I found was that Apple has a patent on the badge and asked Google to remove it from their apps. It USED to be on GMAIL but was removed. I believe that this happened because google was so large. Other small developers have them because they are tiny fish in the big pond, and there is no care or worry or worth going after them

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I asked this same question years ago about the Gmail App. The answer I found was that Apple has a patent on the badge and asked Google to remove it from their apps. It USED to be on GMAIL but was removed. I believe that this happened because google was so large. Other small developers have them because they are tiny fish in the big pond, and there is no care or worry or worth going after them

So, in other words, it's because of corporate greed...

The panda has spoken

mveras1972

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure this is true. The stock email app in Samsung phones have the badge as well as the visual voicemail app on Verizon phones. Samsung and Verizon are pretty big companies.