S6 Wirless Charger

Keith Hill10

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
I have recently purchased a Galaxy S6 of which I am very pleased and proud of,however there is one thing that puzzels me and that is the circular type Wireless Charger I purchased.
(Samsung Wireless Charging Pad 144)
I have heard rumours that it can burn out the battery with regular use, and should only be used ocasionaly . Does it shorten the life of the Battery?
someone even told me that it burnt out their phone.Can you confirm that this device is harmless and can be used as much as the normal plug in method.
Does it also harm the Wireless charger(or Phone) to leave it plugged in when not in use?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! A normally functioning wireless charger should not burn out the battery. However, wireless charging may generate more heat than wired charging via USB cable. This might be exacerbated by certain kinds of cases, depending on their material. For my Nexus 5, I noticed that wireless charging while the phone was in its Rearth Ringke Fusion case caused significantly more heat, I think because the back of the case is made of clear plastic that doesn't dissipate heat well. Excess heat isn't good for the battery (or for the rest of the phone), so that's one of the main things to watch out for.

I'd also be cautious about 3rd party no-name chargers as well, because quality control will be worse. But the OEM Samsung charger should be fine.