How can I improve my Battery Life?

roiyak

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Battery Life

Hi,
I saw here some pepole getting 5H SOT and I get only 3H-3.5H SOT.
I dont have root but I disable most of bloatware apps, also I use Greenify and Doze.
Any tips for getting more battery life?
Thanks!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery Life

Hi,
I saw here some pepole getting 5H SOT and I get only 3H-3.5H SOT.
I dont have root but I disable most of bloatware apps, also I use Greenify and Doze.
Any tips for getting more battery life?
Thanks!

I know this isn't an answer but:

Turn everything off. Send and read text as needed and make receive calls as needed. Use specific apps as needed for short periods of time.

Some get great battery life and some don't. I'm one that doesn't. I've tried all the tips, tricks, resets, and everything in between. It's a great phone with horrible battery management on some carriers.

Posted via the Android Central App

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Did you try all the suggestions in the battery life thread? One of the biggest threads here, hard to miss. Helped me a lot as well as lots of others. :)

roiyak

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

I know this isn't an answer but:

Turn everything off. Send and read text as needed and make receive calls as needed. Use specific apps as needed for short periods of time.

Some get great battery life and some don't. I'm one that doesn't. I've tried all the tips, tricks, resets, and everything in between. It's a great phone with horrible battery management on some carriers.

Posted via the Android Central App
Thank for the tip, But as I did - I have only apps I that use, and I disable/deleted the others,
Did you try all the suggestions in the battery life thread? One of the biggest threads here, hard to miss. Helped me a lot as well as lots of others. :)
Yea I tried.

othersteve

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

To be honest the single most significant thing I have done on my phone is install a Wi-Fi automatic management app to automatically disable it in the morning when I leave and only reenable it when I plug in at night. Wi-Fi is the biggest freaking battery drain of them all on the S6.

However I did also set Location to GPS Only and disabled the Location Scanning via Wi-Fi feature in Google's Location settings app.

After making these changes my battery life went up by around 30-35%. Seriously.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site

To be honest the single most significant thing I have done on my phone is install a Wi-Fi automatic management app to automatically disable it in the morning when I leave and only reenable it when I plug in at night. Wi-Fi is the biggest freaking battery drain of them all on the S6.

However I did also set Location to GPS Only and disabled the Location Scanning via Wi-Fi feature in Google's Location settings app.

After making these changes my battery life went up by around 30-35%. Seriously.

I disagree with you. Wifi is the biggest saver of battery for me. I have a weak cell signal where I live and wifi is always on 3G giving it a stronger signal. I tried putting my phone on 3G instead of the weak 4G signal but the phone drained like there was no tomorrow. So the best bet for me was to have my wifi on my phone on a 3G signal

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
things ive done that havent helped me at all.

Upgrade to official 5.1.1 verizon.
Wipe Cache patrition
Disable every disable-able blotware
Only installed 10 apps along with 2gb of music
Stopped using EVERYTHING that i love dearly (nova launcher, google keyboard, light manager, OK google)
GPS Only for location
Automatic sync off on almost everything
manual weather checking
and cut down how much i use the phone i would say by 40%

i haven't noticed even a 10% boost in battery, its been 3 days I'm gonna give it 2 more days if not then i just gotta except the fact that this phone is perfect in every way except battery and reinstall all my apps and learn to bring a charger with me like an.... *shrugs* iphone user

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site

Have you tried putting the phone in safe mode and seeing how the battery life is? This was what Samsung told me to do when my battery life was like yours at 4 hours. I did this and they then told me to check for what apps were missing. These were the apps that were draining battery power. I uninstalled all of them and then reinstalled them one by way and I now never see my phone die with less than five hours screen on time on a charge.

Also what kind of wallpaper do you have? From what I have read the screen on the S6 lights up each individual pixel in pictures so obviously the less power that is consumed the more battery is saved. This is the wallpaper that I use on my phone

Attachments

• 1441348526891.jpg
    1441348526891.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 40

roiyak

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

Have you tried putting the phone in safe mode and seeing how the battery life is? This was what Samsung told me to do when my battery life was like yours at 4 hours. I did this and they then told me to check for what apps were missing. These were the apps that were draining battery power. I uninstalled all of them and then reinstalled them one by way and I now never see my phone die with less than five hours screen on time on a charge.

Also what kind of wallpaper do you have? From what I have read the screen on the S6 lights up each individual pixel in pictures so obviously the less power that is consumed the more battery is saved. This is the wallpaper that I use on my phone

I will try the safe mode for day or two and report here if that helped me
that my wallpaper right now:
starry-night-over-the-matterhorn-426.jpg
It's a bit dark so I think it also saves some battery

Ron27

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site

I've been using the power saver mode, the regular one, not the extreme, and I definitely see the difference. And honestly, I don't see a change in my phones performance.

roiyak

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

I Installed gsam battery monitor and the WIFI taking 30-35% of the battery, what can I do to fix that drain?

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
...i haven't noticed even a 10% boost in battery, its been 3 days I'm gonna give it 2 more days if not then i just gotta except the fact that this phone is perfect in every way except battery and reinstall all my apps and learn to bring a charger with me like an.... *shrugs* iphone user

To minimize wear on the USB jack and to make it simpler to touch up the charge, you might consider buying a few wireless chargers and touch up the charge at home, at work, in the car. Anker makes a nice little one, about $15 on Amazon - though it does run hotter than my Captain America edition wireless Samsung charger.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
To minimize wear on the USB jack and to make it simpler to touch up the charge, you might consider buying a few wireless chargers and touch up the charge at home, at work, in the car. Anker makes a nice little one, about $15 on Amazon - though it does run hotter than my Captain America edition wireless Samsung charger.

i cant believe thats the only way to keep this phone lol

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
i cant believe thats the only way to keep this phone lol

Not the only way, just an easier way to touch up the charge. Still worth trying to find issues causing the drain. Sometimes when mine seems to be using more battery than usual, I'll reboot it and that often seems to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge