Why does my Samsung Galaxy S6 keep switching itself off/rebooting every time I either lock it or I am inactive?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S6 keeps switching itself off/rebooting every time I either lock it or I am inactive

This has only started to happen today since I agreed to a system update. I have tried a factory reset and wiped the cache but it is still happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Terry Fitzpatrick

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 keeps switching itself off/rebooting every time I either lock it or I am inact

Thank you B. Diddy! Yeah I have tried using safe mode too but it is still happening...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 keeps switching itself off/rebooting every time I either lock it or I am inact

Can you bring it to a Best Buy with a Samsung Store in it? Ask them to reflash the firmware. You could probably bring it to your carrier store as well.

Terry Fitzpatrick

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

I went to a Samsung store and he tested it and said it was definitely a software issue. He then said my phone was originally from Italy and he was only able to fix UK phones... Said I would have to get it sent off. Is there nothing else I can try myself? What's this 'odin flash' thing all about? Would you say it's worth a shot? Sorry about the delayed responses, seems we are in a very different timezone!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Here are instructions on how to flash firmware using Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html. When you look on the SamMobile website for the firmware, make sure you're selecting the firmware for your exact model--don't just pick any S6, or something close to your model. It has to be the exact model.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance