S6 pop up WARNING! Android Health Risk: how can I get this pop up to stop?

A

AC Question

S6 pop up WARNING! Android Health Risk

That pops up mulitiple times a day when I unlock my phone and try to do anything, like going into my text messages or calendar or Facebook etc. My phone vibrates then opens Chrome and the websites these "warnings" come from are androidmax.mobi and findforfun.com usually. Why would it be dong this? How can I get it to stop?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: S6 pop up WARNING! Android Health Risk

Sounds like you got an app with adware/malware. Try running an Ad Network detector app or Antivirus to see if they can detect which app is pushing these nasty ads onto your phone. (I usually go for Lookout's Ad Network detector app).

Bt2009bt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

Found this forum from Googling the same problem. It's very obnoxious when it pops up. Tried running anti-virus and the ad network detector app and still have the problem.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Any app in particular that you downloaded that might have caused the issue? A specific site, maybe?

PoppiC

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. However I first noticed it on my S3 about 6 weeks ago, before I switched to my new S6. It also started about the same time when Play Store would suddenly open up to install an app (there are about 4 or 5 named apps in the rotation). I figured it must be something common to both phones but I have not downloaded a new app in quite some time. So then I was thinking that maybe it had to do something with an app after an update. Good luck there since almost all apps are constantly updating it could be one of many, many apps. I have not visited any questionable websites on the new S6. The popup starts with phone, messages, calendar, or just when I swipe the screen.