My country code is causing text messages to fail. What should I do?

Charles Pritchard

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
country code causing text messages to fail.

HI everyone.

I have a verizon galaxy s6, and I am currently living in Belgium, using belgian sim (carrier BASE). I don't think this issue is unique to the country or the carrier.

The problem I am having is that when I receive a text message from a belgian number, the number that shows on my phone has the country code: +32 xx xxx xxxx. I can get text messages like this, but when I try to reply, the message fails. (this has happened on every number ive tried to respond to.) The only way I can get my texts to send is by making the number into a new contact, and removing the +32 country code. The same goes for when i'm trying to call, I have to remove the country code, if I keep it, the call fails. I've tried turning on and off assisted dialing, and I did a factory reset on my phone. Ive tried dialing US numbers and they have also failed, so it's not forcing the +1 country code on my numbers while calling either.

This is a huge pain, because it forces me to make a new contact for every single new number, even if its not a number I need/want to keep, and go in and adjust it manually.

Thanks for the help, it's very appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid