new S6 contacts

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
ok guys, i'm fully devoted to googles suite of apps for everything, but my wife is not.

she had an htc m7 one, and was using the native contacts app.

i'd like to somehow backup these contacts on the htc m7 and then get them into the native android contacts app on the new S6 so that they are always backed up/synced in the future.

can someone spell out the best way to accomplish this?

thanks

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
There is likely a way to export the contacts from within the app, usually to a .csv file. Then you take that file, and IMPORT it, while on a computer, to the Gmail address in question. It will come over dirty, but the computer provides the best interface to clean them up.

The key is to change how you are thinking about it though- you are not moving from one contacts app to another. What you are doing, is moving the contacts from being on the phone, to in the cloud. If you go through this hassle one time, you will never have to do it again.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
i agree fully, and that is how i look at it. i'm afraid if she uses samsung smart switch then they will migrate to the samsung version of contacts and then shes back to square 1. i may just have her start from scratch typing them into the computer version of gmail lol. that seems best to me. on a side note, i need to make sure she has the google contacts app, but when i go to google play on my droid turbo i don't see it. any ideas? does it come with the gmail app?

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
i agree fully, and that is how i look at it. i'm afraid if she uses samsung smart switch then they will migrate to the samsung version of contacts and then shes back to square 1. i may just have her start from scratch typing them into the computer version of gmail lol. that seems best to me. on a side note, i need to make sure she has the google contacts app, but when i go to google play on my droid turbo i don't see it. any ideas? does it come with the gmail app?

There is no app for Google contacts, it's integrated in Google play services. To move your device contacts to Google contacts Head into your contacts app and click more > settings > move device contacts to. From there you can choose to move everything to your google account

Posted via the Android Central App

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
There is no app for Google contacts, it's integrated in Google play services. To move your device contacts to Google contacts Head into your contacts app and click more > settings > move device contacts to. From there you can choose to move everything to your google account

Posted via the Android Central App

ok so i'll do that on the HTC and then they should be visible on the Samsung? on my droid turbo there is definitely a native google contacts app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084